Potentially the longest thread in history...

OK, wireless officially sucks sweaty testicles. I realize that my situation and circumstances are unique, but geez...

OK, wireless officially sucks sweaty testicles. I realize that my situation and circumstances are unique, but geez...

oh! No filter there? Anyhow, ya i dont like wireless. If u have wired cables n switches lying around, why not use that? Wire > wireless even though my folks hate the long wire going from the hallway to my room. That is like 24'.

For me the advantages of a wired network don't make up for the hassle of having to run a ton of Ethernet through the walls so I use wireless for everything expect connecting systems that are in the same room.

Generally they only systems I have to transfer large files between are my desktop and laptop and they are both on my desk so it isn't a problem to hook them up over Ethernet if I need to.

The reason I don't like using wired for the whole house is we spent several hours running a considerable amount of Ethernet through the walls only to find out it was a bad cable. :(

Wildside said:
If u have wired cables n switches lying around, why not use that?
I would need a minimum of 250', maybe closer to 300', and that would be stringing it across someone else's property. Needless to say the signal strength ain't great on my end. Thanks to Hefe I am able to have any signal at all. :D

I am currently working on ways to boost the signal. My next step may be replacing the firmware of the router but I am hesitant to do so. If I brick it i will be SOL as I have no money to replace it.

Trot it's hard to brick a wrt54g read the guides and make sure you have saved every bit of info you need, oh an bugger mate PM me your email address I can't find it on my desktop and gmails acting up.

^ ^ ^ Lmao ! Trotter is Tech-Forums own Robert Frost.

Anyway, I just want to be a part of history, to make this the longest thread in said history...now my question is this: What is the longest thread in history ? Anyone know off the top of their head ? I am too lazy to Googlebing it right at the moment. Ok, back to our regularly scheduled show....

Back
Top Bottom