Potentially the longest thread in history...

If we look at IQ we know that it is normally distributed with a mean of 100 and a standard deviation of 15. If we go 2 standard deviations that will include 95% of the population. Hence I would say IQ > 130 = genius and IQ < 70 = idiot. btw did you now that half of the worlds population has an IQ less than the mean.

I can verify that Saxon is a genius due to his recommendation of BSG.

Just finished season 3 :)

Okay Mr. Statistics... which is true - that mean IQ is dropping or going up?

It depends on who you ask and where you look, you can find information going both ways on this one, and I know that it depends on the IQ test too...

This is better than going to the movies. I just need some popcorn.

OMFG - fuhget some popcorn! I used to work at the theatre - I've probably made more popcorn than most people eat in their entire lives.

The salt used is so fine grain that it often becomes airborne - I started getting nosebleeds until I said "I'm not making anymore popcorn"

Think about that next time you're at the theatre!

Nosebleeds over the popcorn vat..... nice :p

If we look at IQ we know that it is normally distributed with a mean of 100 and a standard deviation of 15. If we go 2 standard deviations that will include 95% of the population. Hence I would say IQ > 130 = genius and IQ < 70 = idiot. btw did you now that half of the worlds population has an IQ less than the mean.

I can verify that Saxon is a genius due to his recommendation of BSG.

Just finished season 3 :)

I was reading a report in the times about 6 months ago. The American average IQ is 98, the UK 99 and Singapore 108, equitorial new guinea was the lwest at 56 (IIRC not sure on the last one). The original IQ test was based on cultural aspects and unsurprisingly bias towards white westerners and native people got the lowest scores it then turned into the shade of your skin was a direct measure to your intelligence....

I was just stating the fact about the worldwide distribution of IQ. Based upon a mean of 100 and a standard deviation of 15 approximately 2.5% of the world's population has an IQ over 130 while 2.5% are below 70.

iq_bell_curve.gif

on iqtest.com I got about 130 a couple months ago WOOOO.

I had a friend try and take it - she kept asking for help. I think that if she had actually answered them all by herself she would have gotten about an 85. But she's one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. No common sense whatsoever.

Mine according to an online iq test was 142 when I was 15 haven't taken one since then. They are not very reliable from online proper one is a sit down exam normally supplied by a group foundation my step-father is part of mensa he has an iq of 158 (IIRC) joined and says there are no benefits except having the magazine on the desk

Back
Top Bottom