Potentially the longest thread in history...

he has a Thermalsink Ultra-120 extreme, TX-2
0207092119.jpg

just took a pic of the side now to show u how it is. It has good air flow.

looks like the tuniq 120

you have no personal experience with it because you haven't run a K10 system of similar specs, side-by-side.

While I don't have a k10 or yorkfield I do have a 65nm Core 2 and several Athlon x2 systems and the only difference in smoothness I noticed is the result of graphics card performance. For example my systems E2180 and 8800gs felt smoother than my brothers 5200+ x2 and HD 2600xt however now that he upgraded to a HD 4850 his system feels smother, except in very cpu intensive situations.

On the subject of personal experience what Intel systems do you have that allow you to compare smoothness?

If anyone ever has a question concerning smoothness and calamari:

I'm extremely tired and am about to go to bed, but I was pretty hungry so I ran through the fridge and found some leftover calamari. That and some Chubby Hubby ice cream. Its surprisingly smooth!!! This is a personal opinion and based on my own experience though. Your experience might be different.

While I don't have a k10 or yorkfield I do have a 65nm Core 2 and several Athlon x2 systems and the only difference in smoothness I noticed is the result of graphics card performance. For example my systems E2180 and 8800gs felt smoother than my brothers 5200+ x2 and HD 2600xt however now that he upgraded to a HD 4850 his system feels smother, except in very cpu intensive situations.
okay, but it's usually K10 systems where people experience it. And not in every case.
On the subject of personal experience what Intel systems do you have that allow you to compare smoothness?
I don't buy Intel systems; however, when a significant number of unbiased people who own C2 and K10 systems make the claim, and when you have a working theory as to what exactly can make a system smoother even with a lower average fps, then it's not something you can ignore.

Back
Top Bottom