Potentially the longest thread in history...

I just got an e-mail from Buy.com

the evga gtx280 is canceled :(

all I am getting out of it is a $5 dollar coupon

Wonder if Nagasama is getting that BFG

nope. but, a lot of people DID end up getting theirs. i guess the ones that got expedited shipping and ordered while the cards were in stock. i wasnt quick enough. oh well, im going to buy the XFX black edition core 216 or the BFG OCXE on monday. its only like 50 bucks more than i thought i would get the 280 for, clocks are higher and they look cooler and it uses less power, so no biggie. from what i read the black edition and the OCXE will both go toe to toe with their big brother the 280 with less power consumption.

Naga if you wait 2 days I can give you some stats and real world performance of the black edition :) temps, overclockability, FPS on some big name games (Cysis:War, Fallout3, Farcry2, mirrors edge) etc.

Should do if all goes to plan. Slightly annoyed as the shop I bought it from sends me twice a week newsletters low and behold the one this week came this morn with the same card for £15 less :(. I get a free copy of mirrors edge though so it evens up and I am happy with the price I paid I suppose. Just gets at me as it was one day offer so I was rush to research and pay for it as I found it by accident at 9pm 3hours before the deadline, I paid even though I haven't really got the money to spare.

this thread needs a bump post

just some stuff I picked up while browsing,
As some of you may know, Seagate has been having massive headaches with their 1TB & 1.5TB drives failing after approximately 3 months.

Seagate posted this announcement in their forums about releasing a firmware update soon, that will supposedly fix the issue.
Sylvie Barak claims Intel will delay launching its Lynnfield CPU and P55 chipset until September of this year, if not even later.
Tired of the high failure rates in Seagate 1TB & 1.5TB hard drives? Have no fear, for Western Digital is about to break new ground with a 2TB hard drive!

Yeah, I saw that about Intel. Times suck, but they may just tick off the hardcore enthusiasts by delaying... which are the ones who would be jumping on the bandwagon anyway. Looks like their tactic of flooding the channel is biting them in the rear... again.

i would love to upgrade to skt 1156. a nice quad core with hyperthreding. supposedly they only use dual channel ddr3 so i wont need to get any more ram when i upgrade :D

Back
Top Bottom