Potentially the longest thread in history...

Washington state has the most dramatic season changes with ball freezing weather every winter (first days at the ski hill were -15 and then the -35 windchill to add :p) to in the summer 105+ degrees. its crazy... we may not be the hottest or the coldest but god knows we have the most dramatic season changes lol. i snowboard though so i can sit out in -10 degree weather in a t shirt and be fine lol. i know I'm weird :p

**** even seatle and the islands in Puget i guess are under 34" of snow. my cousins house had like 37" in Bothel and my gf cousin on Orcas island up on the ocean even had 26" on it. and they have got more then an inch for no exaggeration like 60 years. the plow was so old on the island i guess its like a 65 or something lol.

if u reapply thermal paste on any GPU out there, even eVGA cards, does it void the lifetime warranty?
Only if you tell them.

It's all those polar air masses.
All the tree-huggers have been crying "Global warming, global warming!", but it has been friggin' cold this winter. I just looked at the weather for this week and we aren't supposed to get above freezing until Saturday. You have to remember that I am in the South, right above Georgia in the Tennessee Valley, so we have very mild winters.

No real chance for snow until Saturday, though, so I doubt we get any. :(

All the tree-huggers have been crying "Global warming, global warming!",

That makes me laugh as well :rolleyes:
They have no proper evidnce that we have anything to do with global warming, or that our contribution is anywhere near noticeable

We're still on the way out of the ice age, still heating... and cooling ;)

the earth goes in natural cycles of heating up and cooling down. i wish these people would quit complaining and whining about it. there will always be 4 distinct seasons so no need to worry.

I think the the theory you guys are explaining in basis is milankovitch cycles. Its a fact that we have thrown CFC's into the atmosphere which react with O3 or ozone "destroying" it. Its a fact we have greatly increased CO2 levels through mass-farming and industrialisation. CO2 prevents the escape of IR but allows through some UV to some extent like a greenhouse hence the collective name. UV comes from the sun is absorbed by the Earth then emmitted as IR at night and partially bounces back being reabsorbed.

We have played a part and acted as a catalyst for the next ice age but the next ice age is enevitable as shown by the wonderful mister milankovitch. I don't believe we can stop this next ice age but I don't see why we shouldn't try and improve our civilisation to be more practical with our choice of energy source. We are a catalyst in our current state of industry and the US is a major player your president signed the kyoto protocol which set limits on CO2 emmision but through your own economic fight against devoloping countries such as China were no where near your agreed targets. As a result you bought thousands of the UK's excess credits as we exceeeded our targets btw thanks for the cash 2 years ago its now helping the public coffers to keep the UK afloat in the credit crunch.

For the record the last ice age was caused by the eruption of toba a super volcano in sumatra 73,000 years ago. There also won't always be 4 distinct seasons thats just the current equilibrium that we have but as of late the weather has been a bit out of whack and as we (UK and USA) are generally further north then 23* (tropic of cancer) we experience 4 seasons so changes are more noticeable. Also the tropics move and continents move ;) Antarctica was once covered in decidous forests.

Back
Top Bottom