Potentially the longest thread in history...

What heatsink is it? If its direct touch like the core contact then lapping wont help. The 6c difference is odd, it could be the internal temp sensor in the chip is bad, which can be very bad.

Run real temp and click the test sensors button. Make sure your cpu is idling. If the different between the sensors is 3 or greater then that means your sensor is outta whack. for example if Core 0 has a sensor movement of 3 but Core 1 has a sensor movement of 2, nothing to worry about. But say Core 0 has a senor movement of 3 and Core 1 has a sensor movement of 6. That is a difference of 3 or greater, so that means your temp readings will be inaccurate.

What heatsink is it? If its direct touch like the core contact then lapping wont help. The 6c difference is odd, it could be the internal temp sensor in the chip is bad, which can be very bad.

I tried both the TRUE-120 and Core contact*1.... same results
so I was thinking of lapping the CPU

*1(I can't figure out how to mount a fan on the true.... so I swapped it out :D)

Run real temp and click the test sensors button. Make sure your cpu is idling. If the different between the sensors is 3 or greater then that means your sensor is outta whack. for example if Core 0 has a sensor movement of 3 but Core 1 has a sensor movement of 2, nothing to worry about. But say Core 0 has a senor movement of 3 and Core 1 has a sensor movement of 6. That is a difference of 3 or greater, so that means your temp readings will be inaccurate.

7-9-10-9 1st run
7-10-11-10 2nd
7-10-10-9 3rd

seems outta whack? lol

Well core 0 is at 7 and stays at 7. The others are hopping around 9, 10 and 11. Core 0's sensor could be stuck. Lapping the cpu wont help on a direct touch cooler like the core contact. I bet the cores are all about the same temp. But the sensor is stuck on one so it is giving anomalous temps.

nagasama, you showed up quite fast for the gtx 280 deal

I was surprised

do you guys have some sort of top secret, elite tech-forum network? someone just sends you a text for anything fun on the forums?

Back
Top Bottom