Potentially the longest thread in history...

you guys download speeds make me want to live in town sometimes.
nah.
i can still play COD4 with a 45 ping, even out here in the sticks. aint tecknolugy grand?

My ping isn't much better. :p On average it might be 35 to 40. I'm not really in-town in-town. Just more in-town than the backwoods I used to live in. :[ I can't wait till I can move somewhere with FiOS. :D :D

man if i had fiber i would punish everyone on every server i could reach. i have wireless. it actually is pretty decent i get 1.8mb down and about 1-1.25 up so not too bad at all for the sticks. compared to dial-up. or satelitte for christs' sake.

Well, I mostly use wireless too, since I use my laptop, haha. That's where I got the 35-40 ping. Besides, anything is awesome compared to a couple years ago when I had dialup. D: And it was even REALLY BAD dialup. Like, 30 something kbps and it disconnected all the time. Then I bought a 50 dollar modem and it still sucked but it didn't d/c all the time, haha.

But FiOS. *drool* I can't waaaiiittt.

'nuff said.
NOT YET

compared to dial-up.

did somebody say DIAL-UP?

1t3otd.jpg

pssst PM me and I can give you the REG # and password ;)
FREE 1045 hours! :D

PS, there is a party going on in the hot deals thread, I don't wanna kill it but shame on you rican, vern and gurusan for letting it go so far :cool:

Oh no, I will bet you that a good 40+k dial up connection will have a lower ping then satellite.

Not quite true, satellite (at least in this area) has a semi-constant ping between 500 and 600ms, while my 30-40+k dialup had anywhere from as low as 250 to 3000. :[

You are getting a 500ms ping with your satellite connection? I am missing out then, because my ping in game would usually end up between 2500 and 3000.

Back
Top Bottom