Potentially the longest thread in history...

Why is it that some people think that I repair computer problems as a lifestyle choice. I was over at a friends place. Then his mother walks in. She says hi to me then directly goes into the details on that the computer is stuff.
Now I got a bit of histroy with this family as the last time the computer broke, they did not want to pay me and in the end they bugged another family member to repair it.

I quickly look at the computer and it turn out that windows needs to be reinstalled. i then explain that her son knows how to install windows. Also, with it being a sunday, i do not have my install CDs with me (or any other my other tool kit)

5 minutes later, I am about to head off home, and his mother come rather ****ed off with me.
Mother :- You can not even fix my computer. You are suppose to be a computer expert.
Me :- Well, as the saying goes.... you get what you pay for.
Mother :- What's that suppose to mean?
Me :- Exactly that.

I hate people like that. I get paid for labor. But I give advice for free. Most people I run into actually want to pay me more than I charge. To most people having their computer fixed is a big deal. But it annoys me when some people only see you as the computer guy, and your only purpose is to fix their computer.

i got my tv mounted for free yesterday :)

free bracket and installation.. sweetness

getting my wires professionally hidden behind the wall this friday... and getting my z5500 speakers also wired under the house... ain't gonna see no wires!!

i'll post a picture tonite of how my tv.. and desk area is now setup.. i think it looks niceeeee

loserzh3.png

Back
Top Bottom