Potentially the longest thread in history...

thanks rican. yeah i got after it pretty seriously. i fold on both of the 3600 cpu cores as well. small points, but relatively steady. maybe 200 or so a day for each (i think).
when im not playing a game or doing something intensive i usually have it running on my 4870 and 2 cores of my main rig.
i'll see what my utility bill looks like this month. i have been trying to run the folding rig 24/7 but am off and on with it since i had to move it to my living area (out of my cave lol) and get a wireless connection to it and set up etc etc. BTW...wireless card for 64bit OS...PITA to find and make work right.

thanks rican. yeah i got after it pretty seriously. i fold on both of the 3600 cpu cores as well. small points, but relatively steady. maybe 200 or so a day for each (i think).
when im not playing a game or doing something intensive i usually have it running on my 4870 and 2 cores of my main rig.
i'll see what my utility bill looks like this month. i have been trying to run the folding rig 24/7 but am off and on with it since i had to move it to my living area (out of my cave lol) and get a wireless connection to it and set up etc etc. BTW...wireless card for 64bit OS...PITA to find and make work right.

Nooo....stop that, when you fold on both cpu cores it slows down the gpu client.

You need one core free for the GPU, unless you are on a set of the 180 drivers (i forget which). All drivers below that required a dedicated cpu core.

Yeah i started my folding rig with wireless but i gave up and just got a very long lan cable and plugged it into my router.

Back
Top Bottom