Potentially the longest thread in history...

mak!!! post us some screenies!!

do windows vista drivers work for it??? such as video and audio and such? or is there issues with that?

agreed with dawn of doom.. make a thread for it and link it over here, i'm interested

are they giving away beta keys right now?

Well I use Wiki for research even if they don't like it. I just don't put that on papers. The articles cite their sources, so i follow tend to follow that. I could care less what the academic establishment thinks about Wikipedia, several studies have shown it to be more accurate than Britannica on average.

I think we as a society need to overcome the notion that you have to have a degree to speak on a certain topic. I think most of us here, Trot, gurusan, Nos would be considered experts on PC's but we don't have CS or CE degrees (some of us do). Furhter more its easy to show that the "educated" among us tend to all think about the same way and solve the problems in the same way, how that helps society I do not know. I think it was Einstein who said "We cannot solve our problems with the same reasoning that made them." I think our Economy is a good example. We let the goons who got us here try and fix the mess.

Agreed.

I use wiki a lot.....in school i remember the excuse for not using it was "anybody can go in and edit information"....it doesnt exactly work that way..of course ignorance leads people to think this way.

I have not yet found anything to be extremely inaccurate...on the contrary ive found lots of good info.

And like you said a lot of us know the pc very well...even if we dont have degrees or certifications. But the guys with that lil paper make the rules.

Agreed.

I use wiki a lot.....in school i remember the excuse for not using it was "anybody can go in and edit information"....it doesnt exactly work that way..of course ignorance leads people to think this way.

I have not yet found anything to be extremely inaccurate...on the contrary ive found lots of good info.

And like you said a lot of us know the pc very well...even if we dont have degrees or certifications. But the guys with that lil paper make the rules.

wiki is great if you're looking for some things. Some areas are much more reliable than others and vice versa. anybody can go in and edit info, but if there's no backing to it, it will get deleted within a couple minutes. and areas that are a breeding ground for misinformation (wars, genocide etc...) are all locked to public editing..

hello! Well that's it I'm almost 2 OS's old X.x

oh well XP has been good to me.
mak do you gota thread about your windows 7 experience? if so could i geta link :)
Already posted. Updated with 2 different links for screenshots.
mak!!! post us some screenies!!

do windows vista drivers work for it??? such as video and audio and such? or is there issues with that?

agreed with dawn of doom.. make a thread for it and link it over here, i'm interested

are they giving away beta keys right now?
Already posted!!! Yes most Vista drivers work. Not all. If the drivers are not Certified they will NOT work.

No Beta keys are being given out right now. It isnt in Beta.
there's a review thread up that he did, and its for MVP's only.

~mak's secretary.

Yes thank you Peter. It is not technically in Beta just yet. Right now there is only a select group along with the PDC attendees that have this build. Once it goes into Beta more people will get into it.

Link to topic:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f37/windows-7-milestone-3-build-6801-review-189273/#post1492642

Back
Top Bottom