Potentially the longest thread in history...

Epic!!

I would like to pose two questions:

1. Is anyone not actually subscribed to this thread? :p

2. Second is this ok for my sig?

gerrardrendermini.png

I don't have the time to write another opinion so wait till I have more time today.

And Nick, I'm pretty sure that is more that the height limit But you could just crop it to his head and torso and put it in some kind of cool background.

I would like to say get off the politics and religion discussion. Before this thread gets pruned.

This thread was created for fun in mind. Not to spark political debates over health care or anything like that. Stay away from those topics.

As stated by Dave in the very first post:

ALMOST anything and everything (remember the rules for this forum)!

Now the rules of OT:

Threads about Religion, Politics, and/or Sex have not been manageable and are not allowed.

So lets try and keep it clean now guys.

And Nick, I'm pretty sure that is more that the height limit But you could just crop it to his head and torso and put it in some kind of cool background.

That's what I thought and I'm working on it..

Ok so I'm working on a current event for US History.. so can somebody explain the whole bailout thing? (you're just helping me understand it, you are not doing it for me.. before you ask me..)

Aw cmon Mak, we are being totally Civil. Naga and I are responsible adults. So far nothing bad has happened.

Yes you 2 are. But who is to say that someone who reads that will be? Best to stop it before someone else gets upset by it and posts something that really feeds fuel to the fire.

Ok so I'm working on a current event for US History.. so can somebody explain the whole bailout thing? (you're just helping me understand it, you are not doing it for me.. before you ask me..)

Basically- banks give loans, banks get greedy, people can't afford loan any longer, owner forecloses, bank gets huge debt.

Long way- Many years ago banks/mortgage companies gave out lots of loan with a 0% interest rate. After so many years interest grew on them like most loans do (you know, first few years it's 0% but then it goes up slowly). Well, the rate went up to fat because the banks got greedy. People could no longer afford the huge interest rates and they foreclosed their homes. Well, when that happened the banks lost a ton of money because they was stuck with a huge that people still owed like 20 years worth of payments on....Racks up a HUGE debt....makes economy start going bad...then our government wants $700 billion to "bail them out".

That's what I understand of it...hope i helped

EDIT: ohhh yea, this might be useful : recently (few days ago) the house of representatives voted it down. Mostly because of the greedy republicans (i'm a republican so don't start bashing lol) didn't get what they wanted. When the bill went to the house they had to add huge tax breaks to big companies so the republicans would vote yes....it passed the senate that way and will go back to the House this friday.

Back
Top Bottom