Potentially the longest thread in history...

Just like all your posts? At least you are setting the bar high for me to follow. :D

Ah, arguing with mods. Never gets old. I make a little joke post, and you come in and start an argument, and then it ends with you getting frustrated like always.

No point arguing in this thread, unless you want to go back and forth about how our posts are stupid.

Ive used both and I stick with XP for the simple fact that Vista offers me nothing i care about. Why should I learn a new OS that offers nothing more for me? I'll just wait for the next one rumored to come out around 2010, but until then ill stick with XP which has worked great for me for years.

Apok said:
I'm not using Vista myself, but Mak is generally right about it.
True, true. Mak definitely knows his stuff. I'm about to toss Vista on a partition just for the heck of it, just so I can learn my way around it.

I was highly disappointed with Vista when it came out and just have never got over it. After all that time in development, all the delays, and it came out basically the same as what we already had. MS screwed the pooch on that one and are still trying to make a silk purse out of their sow's ear.

True, true. Mak definitely knows his stuff. I'm about to toss Vista on a partition just for the heck of it, just so I can learn my way around it.

I was highly disappointed with Vista when it came out and just have never got over it. After all that time in development, all the delays, and it came out basically the same as what we already had. MS screwed the pooch on that one and are still trying to make a silk purse out of their sow's ear.

You dont know how right you are. I have said it before and will say it again. Vista was released to early. Without a doubt. It had some big querks and flaws in it back then. But they worked hard and fast to get out as many patches as they could to fix that stuff.

I remember saying that exact statement the hour after i heard the announcement that Vista went final. It was still buggy running the last Beta. We were still sending in reports.

But SP1 was a big boost. Bigger than XP SP1 & SP2 combined. It has gone and made Vista a real OS that can be used for real. A good competitor to XP. Sadly the damage was already done.

I will not argue that Vista didnt screw the pooch at first. Even i had trouble running it. I was using it for 2 years and i still had issues with the final. But since SP1 i have not. If it wasnt for some small quirks, F@H not running as well, i wouldnt leave Vista. This comign from the guy who is in Ubuntu right now. :laughing:

But seriously. Give Vista SP1 a try. Get a copy of the real Vista SP1 DVD. Nothing hacked. Dont slipstream it yourself. You will see that is it greatly improved. I have 40% RAM usage in both XP and Vista now. With all my stuff running. So it is comparable now.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom