Potentially the longest thread in history...

i gots a question for all you techy people. I'm getting ready to get my first cell phone ( yay for me ) with a family plan. My dad is the card holder and payer. I was looking around on the buying form and it never asks for a name on the phone numbers...like the name it displays when you call someone. So I was wondering, how do I select that? I don't want it to show up my dad's name just because he is the card holder....I heard that it has to show the card holders name unless you call and they change it to "wireless caller" but i want my name :(

EDIT: I'll be using AT&T as the service provider :|

ehhh nvm...i talked to a live chat person and she said I will be asked to provide the names I want for each line after the ordering process is complete

oh noes....don't ban meh plx :(

ohhhh yea ( no offense to anyone ) I got to talk to a none foreigner live chat person. Seriously, I mean no offense...but when I need help, I want someone that can explain it to me in a language I can understand and not broken english :(

i gots a question for all you techy people. I'm getting ready to get my first cell phone ( yay for me ) with a family plan. My dad is the card holder and payer. I was looking around on the buying form and it never asks for a name on the phone numbers...like the name it displays when you call someone. So I was wondering, how do I select that? I don't want it to show up my dad's name just because he is the card holder....I heard that it has to show the card holders name unless you call and they change it to "wireless caller" but i want my name :(

EDIT: I'll be using AT&T as the service provider :|

It doesnt matter whos paying the bill or whos name its under, the only way its going to say your name is if they program their phone into associating your name with whatever your number is. My phone and everything is under my name but if i call someone and im not on their contacts it will just show the number, but if they program it to have a name with it the name will show up instead, they can associate any number with any name its up to them

that's interesting...thanks for the info. but that doesn't apply to home phones, which is most important to me ..so i would still like my name. I've already asked a AT&T person and got the info i needed...

i have caller id at home and if a cell phone calls it will only display the number unless i prgram it to have a name. if its a housephone calling it will display the name automatically but it doesnt with cellphones. i use charter phone service if that helps any

i think it's because it can not judge it's location, for a home ohone it's a hard line, so it will always be in one place, connected to the same line, fora cell phone it is always changing relay points,,,,that my theory and im sticking with it lol

Back
Top Bottom