Potentially the longest thread in history...

LOL @ the error codes

and waffle, funny guy :p

bleh, I hate scammers on flea bay...
guy with over 4k feedbacks is trying to scam me
turns out he didn't have the item in stock, and wouldn't respond at first
I opened up a dispute with paypal, finally get a response from seller
and he wants me to close the dispute first BEFORE giving me a refund...

sold? lol

i'm sitting on a dell w/ a p4 @3.0 ghz... and 2 gb of ddr2 533.. wooooo... i'm living in the future baby

getting rid of it all so i can get myself ready for nahalem.. or something of the sort

Sorry to hear that, they do publish the results for the public.
Im pretty sure that all these people wouldn't take their time developing clients and running a program if it doesnt help. Not to mention, Nvidia and ATI are working with Pande Group as well, if not the GPU clients wouldn't be possible.
Nvidia themselves have a team:
Folding@Home

Well I am sure there might be something to it eventually but for me there is nothing, It's not that I cant see what it could possibly lead to but they are not getting any more computer use from me. As far as ATi an Nvidia are concerned yea they are making clients but I can just see the Public Relations aspect an consumer demand for it. Distributed computing has far more intresting an far more useful uses like SETI (more important than Folding imo), Synthetic neural mapping (liverpool uni is working on it still in alpha but the intention is true AI), Weather prediction engens (current methods are lacking an can provide false results) serious mathematical research in the fields of the big bang theory an analytical physics.

They can have world shattering results, an expand our understanding of the universe and ourselves, not just solve a few medical problems. That is why I wont fold again there will be advances but not enough to justify it to myself, I have bigger fish to fry as it ware.

Lance and nos, make sure you add the stats banner to your sig.

Makes it easier to keep track of everyone's progress.

The ps3 is no 8800, but its a decent folder. That P4 can fold as well.

ya... i got a clean dell.. didnt have any dell-ware on it.. or any drivers.. just some pictures from the previous owner... lol

had the change their password through the administrator account though

my ps3 is usually on all day folding... until someone wants to play with it...

i'm tempted to buy a gtx280 when i get paid... but i wouldnt even have a rig to put it in.. hahaha

i'm tempted to buy a gtx280 when i get paid... but i wouldnt even have a rig to put it in.. hahaha

in that case, i'd wait till i had the rest of it to put it in.....prices could drop before the rest is bought :p

goshhhh about a month till school starts...i hope my senior year is better than the rest of this crappy high school career

senior year, is always the easiest school year... i literally slept in every class... still got a b..

but then again.. i got out of school at 12:30 everyday

first period - yearbook
second period - economics
third period - government
fourth period - english

then i was out.... never read a book in english.. somehow i passed everything.. friends notes make all the difference...

i love senior year.. it was a joke... and i was a fulltime graphic designer at the time... so i was making 1200ish a month in highschool...good stuff

Back
Top Bottom