Potentially the longest thread in history...

your 97% of the way there, now tell me what that tone dose and what did woz make... extra credit if you get them both right and a bonus point if you know who he got the idea off for the ******* *** (added stars myself)

n the autumn of 1974, Jobs returned to California and began attending meetings of the Homebrew Computer Club with Steve Wozniak. He took a job as a technician at Atari, a manufacturer of popular video games, with the primary intent of saving money for a spiritual retreat to India. During the 1960s, it had been discovered by phone phreakers (and popularized by John Draper) that a half taped-over toy-whistle included in every box of Cap'n Crunch breakfast cereal was able to reproduce the 2600 hertz supervision tone used by the AT&T long distance telephone system. After reading about it and later meeting with John Draper, Jobs and Wozniak went into business briefly in 1974 to build "blue boxes" that allowed illicit free long distance calls.

he made the blue box because of the Whistle in capn crunch.... because it produced a 2600hz tone.

it let him make free long distance calls :D :D

100% with extra credit.

Woz built blue boxes an Ste sold them, woz kinda bigged up Captin Crunch around the campus and when one of his long term friends said an I quote " Don't Tell any one but I know who Crunch is..." he then tracked him down and then got him to meet with him and jobs. After seeing some of his stuff most noticably the "Automatic Box" he got the idea for the "Digital Box" soon after he found a switch box open in his dorm block and then tested it out by calling the pope.

Where would you like the Gote an Breife case sent?

lol your kidding right..... lol you can donate the Goat and Breifcase to a charity cuz im nice like that :D

and by Ste you mean Ste from Tech forums or steve jobs....

I mean Job's.

Are you sure about the goat? they have a million and one uses - not all of them legal mind you... ;) :p

And i am not jokeing about the pope thing he realy did call the pope he pretended to be some offical from the white house and called the pope - he never got through to the pope but he did get to speak to some very high up cardinal, who blew him off after checking that it realy was the white house on the phone.

Back
Top Bottom