Potentially the longest thread in history...

You guys are ignoring the fact that ps3 is the best blu-ray player on the market, and can run folding at home. It also has backwards compatibility with ps2 games.

60GB was the best version. It was backwards compatible to all PS2 games.

but no, Sony scrapped it to lower costs. I read online that it was predicted that the 60GB console cost $840.32 to make.

So your getting a TV with erectile dysfunction? No sense in getting a TV that is gonna go off half-cocked. ;)

idk wtf u just said but it sound offending. I saw a 22" EDTV, i think either 20 or 22, for cheap. My Wii would a lot better on that TV then on my Gameroom's 52" 1080p HDTV SHARP, n it flickers on it too sometimes if im connecting to component on the side.

playing games or watching movies on native resolutions is significantly better then being upscaled to a desired resolution.

when i play Hellgate: London on my montior at 1680x1050, it looks so much better then when connection to the Gameroom HDTV, imo, because it's on a smaller screen.

I also think the non backwards issue was done to boost sales of a console that is flagging in the market place, stupid move really considering that most people who own a ps3 will have owned a ps2 an would have liked to play there older games on a new system.

does anyone know if a ps3 has upscaling capabilities (like if you put a normal dvd in it will it upscale it to 1080p. Because you can get a ps3 for cheaper then the blu ray players.

luke, actually PS3 does exactly what other DVD upconvert players do, it upconverts to an HD resolution.

we have a DVD upconvert player n a PS3, i checked DVD movies on the same HDTV as well as our old Nov '04 720p HDTV. Only difference is that some DVD movies will have motion blur on the PS3, i think. The only movie that had motion blur or a lot of ghosting for some reason was "I am Legend". I have to try other movies to confirm but ideally PS3 does work the same way as a DVD upconverter.

as for PS1/PS2 games, those actually get upscaled, not converted, so the games can look horrible then 480p.

^are you positive,,and are you sure it upconverts to full hd (1080p). I still will prob just get a blu ray drive instead even if those two things are true.(you can get one for like 150.

Back
Top Bottom