Potentially the longest thread in history...

Harper suffers to techie rage, I can see it now there is that 386 that some guy refuses to replace an you finally have enough an decide to put it out of its misery am i right?

i will never take my truck to a mechanic, good friend of mine has the exact same truck as me and it cost like 300 bucks to have it tuned up, oil change, new spark plugs, new plug wires, new distro cap, and new rotor cap

I went to advanced auto and paid like 80 bucks for all that (and then some) and had it done that day

EDIT: also sylus you really need to think about your priorities if you plan to move out, your htinking about furniture when should be worrying about everything else

Food
Electricity
Water
Gas
Rent
Car payments(assuming your making car payments)
Car Insurance
Internet
Phone
Security deposit and first and last months rent

I havent completely moved out of my house but ive been doing everything o my own recently (gas, food, insurance, phone bills, clothes, and then entertainment) and its killing me in the wallet area, i have actually gone days without eating a real meal just so i could afford gas to get to work, on dates, and wherever else i need to go

Lance said:
ooooo, hate those electronic keys. Mine cost $2.30 for a copy.
Try $160. We have two keys to my wife's Expedition. One came with it, and I made the dealer have another made or I wouldn't buy it. It cost them $100, but it would cost me $160 for another one... all because of the security chip in the head of it.

yeah keys get expensive.

Anyways, I'm quite aware of all the costs of living on one's own and I wouldn't start out immediately with all those things, basics would just be shelter, food, gas and insurance. The latter things I'd pay for later once I got settled in, I'm probably gonna live with my dad for a month or 3 after getting a job. He's hardly ever here so I'll have this place to myself mostly and I have a comcastic internet speed, 12mb connection so it's a lot better than my old 2mb connection. He's already paying for my phone bill and stuff, he said it doesn't seem fair that I got this phone last year and have been paying for since then while my little brother has a way better phone and has had his for about 5 years and has never paid a single dime on it. Once I get a job and I'm financially stable I'll be able to take over bill payments on all my stuff such as my phone and car insurance but I'm thinking about opening my own phone account and paying it instead of staying on my mom's plan. The rest is leisure stuff and I'll worry about it once I'm stable enough to afford it.

Harper suffers to techie rage, I can see it now there is that 386 that some guy refuses to replace an you finally have enough an decide to put it out of its misery am i right?

Story of my life. Since I now work in a shop from, I have lost count the number of time where i have upgrade an old PC, only to have the person come back about 1 month later asking for a quote on a new one instead.

ooooo, hate those electronic keys. Mine cost $2.30 for a copy. :p

Tell me about it. Like I can not even get a surf key cut for myself. Every time I go to the beach for some bodyboarding, if I got no one else with me, my keys are in my car, and my car is unlocked. Electronic Keys and Salt Water do not mix.

i will never take my truck to a mechanic, good friend of mine has the exact same truck as me and it cost like 300 bucks to have it tuned up, oil change, new spark plugs, new plug wires, new distro cap, and new rotor cap

Ditto. I try to make sure that my mechanic is not a friend of mine. Every time you get a friend involved for car work, there has been problems.
My Dad Van - Needed some new tyres. Took it in to a friend. While driving home, we nearly lost one of the wheels.
My Sister Mazada 626 - She breaks her timing belt. Orginally the car was going to be in the shop for 2 weeks. 7 weeks later, she calling up the her friend asking "When am I going to get my car back?" as they sort of forgot about it.
My next door neighbour - He keeps going on and on how he can show me how to fix/service/improve my car. And then I hear him complaining how he's have this car problem or that.
My other next door neighbour - He's a mechanic too. However I still want to see him dead. Some of the old TF members knows why.

Try $160. We have two keys to my wife's Expedition. One came with it, and I made the dealer have another made or I wouldn't buy it. It cost them $100, but it would cost me $160 for another one... all because of the security chip in the head of it.
Yeah. It's the sercurity chip in mine.
But then again, it's pay for itself as having the car alarm and immobilizer on the car is another $200 of my insurance premiums each year.

Back
Top Bottom