Potentially the longest thread in history...

"...and they're always glad you came. You wanna be, where you can see, the troubles are all the same. You wanna be, where everybody knows your name."

Now I feel like watching it.

Hey Merk, I've always wondered. How do you correctly pronounce your name? I've always thought Merk-were-dig-lie-be. Sometimes I say, Merk-were-dig-la-bi.

Thanks for asking, it's actually missing an 'e'

It's supposed to be Merkwürdigeliebe

pronounced Merk-vur-dig-leeb

If you've ever seen Stanley Kubrick's 'Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb'...

you find out later on in the movie that the character of Dr. Strangelove, the psychotic ex-Nazi nuclear scientist (played by Peter Sellers) had changed his name from Merkwürdigeliebe to Strangelove after becoming an American citizen. 'Merkwürdigeliebe' is actually the literal translation of 'Strange love' in German.

wow...Interesting fact about your username. Thanks for clearing it up. And Merk-vur-dig-leeb sounds way better, than how I was pronouncing it.

man... ever since i've gotten my 40 inch tv.. i've been horribly addicted to games.. i can't seem to find the time to post on tech forums anymore!!!!!

stuck on the sims 2 w/ all the expansions... i didnt realize i was playing for 5 hours yesterday....

and the witcher as well.. i was playing that 2 hours and didnt even know it.. i havent been so into games in such a long time

once i buy a new cpu i'll hop back onto crysis... i just finished downloading cod4... but i dont' really feel like going through that game again... lameness... i've also been running through condemned again!!!! such good games!!!!!

lol...I remember playing Sims 2 for hours and hours. I mostly build and design the houses. Occasionally I would do a storyline. Or I would have loads of fun, messin' around with the Sims. I liked trapping them in a small space with no door.

haha i love actually playing the game... i have 1 character work, and 1 character stay at home and make the friends so the worker can get promoted.... my persons now the mayor and making 1,300 a day!!!! and i trained my cat how to use the toilet.. lol

The best career path, is the sports star. They make the most at the end of their career. I think something like 3-4k Simoleons per day! geez...I would love to earn that everyday.

hahaha, ya sports star did have a ridiculous pay.... and the guy that stays home has like 4 lovers, he's pimpin it

i never really used any of the features of boy voyage and all those other ones yet... but soon enough he'll go on vacation...

Back
Top Bottom