Pot Legalized in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Static_11 said:
yes im aware i said "drugs" but you cant sit there and say that pot DOESNT lead to other drugs can you??

OK here's my take. After smoking pot for 23, (not since 2000) not heavy mind you but using none the less, I only tried speed once, never tried another drug of any kind and didn't start drinking until I was 25.

I get so tired of this argument that if you smoke dope you'll end up being a heroin addict in 5 years. Yes that may happen to some people but it is not the pot, it is the person. They would still be a heroin addict without the pot.

I am 42, listen to heavy metal, have had only 7 jobs since I was 15, own my own home, have an IQ of 134 and don't kill small animals for fun "cuz the devil music told me to".

So there is no argument of any kind that will convince me that pot will "lead to other things"... period. If the other things happen to invade your life, a predisposition to addiction may be to blame not the pot.

As for pot being healthier, don't believe that either. Smoking is smoking is smoking. It all can lead to lung cancer and if you are a heavy user for many years it WILL effect the way your brain works, because as we all may or may not know, that euphoric feeling we get when high or whatever is dead and dying brain cells.

So this is not a tiraid against drugs, I firmly believe that pot should be legalized, taxed to death so this country can get back on its feet and we can get on with our day.

everything you said i agree with, except the claim that the "high" is dead and dying brain cells. that is completely innacurate. it's merely a chemical reaction as the THC from the weed binds to the naturally-occuring TCH receptors in our brain. contrary to popular belief, it does not affect dopamine production like heroin.

that euphoric feeling we get when high or whatever is dead and dying brain cells.
Yeah, what molsen said. It actually just 'numbs' the cells, none actually die from marijuana. The chemical anandimide is what is being mimicked by weed. Add that with the fact that the THC receptors are located just about EVERYWHERE in your brain and not a specific part, that'd be the 'high'

Smoking is smoking is smoking. It all can lead to lung cancer
the whole reason cigerettes are responsible for lung cancer is because of the chemicals in them, "carcinogens" which blatantly means cancer causing. I don't think marijuana even contains though, but yeah the tar build up obviously isnt good.

And yeah, the whole gateway thing is bullcrap. Caffeine is technically a psychoactive drug. Most of the world tries that.

If you really want to be 'straight edge' and whatnot, then you need to stop taking things that alter your body altogether. I don't think I know anyone who just started off at pot. Everyone starts off at alcohol and cigerettes, and that whole "COOL" argument is just a joke.

Alcohol and cigerettes are the main 'cool' thing kids are pressured by, it's once their drunk at a party that they get hit up for pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom