Posting from Greece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkwürdigeliebe

Benevolent Cake Despot
hey people, been a whille since I last came to these here forums. I've been spending my time in Greece, in a village called Stavroupolis. I haven't touched a computer in so long long.. haha, I wasn't even aware of the GTX280 release until now.

Anyway, I'm visiting a nearby city called Xanthi. I'm at an Internet/gaming cafe. This place really sucks, none of their games are kept up to date and their internet connection blows. that's going to be 2 euros down the drain. som of the keys for their games don't even work, pathetic.. and it's not some racky shack place either, there's a good 80-100 computers here, its huge, and this whole room of loud 12-year-olds playing WoW nearby, there's maybe like 30 kids in there at least...

anyway, I just thought I'd drop by and say a word of 'hi' to a community of people I haven't kept in touch with - believe it or not, this first trip to Greece (and Europe) is overwhelmingly bleak. It's so chaotic and its got me depressed. The village is nice, but I'm staying with my grandparents and my grandad's giving me a slight bit of a hard time and its preventing me from relaxing and enjoying myself.. I miss North America in general, we really have it good us North Americans, I've taken so many North American amenities for granted.. I have 5 more weeks to go here and I'll enjoy the better aspects of this trip

Hullo! From what I've heard of Greece I'm not too surprised at your experience. Their networks seem sorta out of date. I don't envy you with the dozens of kids playing WoW, either. That must really get on your nerves...

No offence preacher, but i did think Israel was a more run down country than other western countries and city's. So out of interest i typed in the city were you live, i take it all back. It looks niiiiice ! London / New York look scummy in comparison :p

hey people, been a whille since I last came to these here forums. I've been spending my time in Greece, in a village called Stavroupolis. I haven't touched a computer in so long long.. haha, I wasn't even aware of the GTX280 release until now.

Anyway, I'm visiting a nearby city called Xanthi. I'm at an Internet/gaming cafe. This place really sucks, none of their games are kept up to date and their internet connection blows. that's going to be 2 euros down the drain. som of the keys for their games don't even work, pathetic.. and it's not some racky shack place either, there's a good 80-100 computers here, its huge, and this whole room of loud 12-year-olds playing WoW nearby, there's maybe like 30 kids in there at least...

anyway, I just thought I'd drop by and say a word of 'hi' to a community of people I haven't kept in touch with - believe it or not, this first trip to Greece (and Europe) is overwhelmingly bleak. It's so chaotic and its got me depressed. The village is nice, but I'm staying with my grandparents and my grandad's giving me a slight bit of a hard time and its preventing me from relaxing and enjoying myself.. I miss North America in general, we really have it good us North Americans, I've taken so many North American amenities for granted.. I have 5 more weeks to go here and I'll enjoy the better aspects of this trip

Greek Villages really do suck! As for the internet cafes I would recommend you to visit internet cafe chains like "inSpot" that have everything up to date and a 54mbps connection, but Xanthi is a rather small city and I am surprised that there was an internet cafe with 80-100 pcs, never been there anyways. Only main citys like Athens and Salonika that have together over 75% of the population have good internet connections. I stayed once for a week on my cousins village and freaked out from boredom a little bit. Greece is nice if you visit Athens/Salonika or the islands.

Hullo! From what I've heard of Greece I'm not too surprised at your experience. Their networks seem sorta out of date. I don't envy you with the dozens of kids playing WoW, either. That must really get on your nerves...

I actually have a 24mbps connection as many of those I know do but i live in a big city :D Actually those kids really get on my nerves too, they make so much noise and just overwaste their parents money!

No offence preacher, but i did think Israel was a more run down country than other western countries and city's. So out of interest i typed in the city were you live, i take it all back. It looks niiiiice ! London / New York look scummy in comparison :p

I had that thought a long a go but I realized that almost all the world is well developed except some parts of Africa.

My City btw (Thessaloniki, Greece) :

800px-Looking_down_at_Aristotelous_Sq_Thessaloniki_2005.jpg

Absolut_Thessaloniki1.jpg

Thanks man, actually you get Americans to move over here , get us some 100% pure capitalized shops like Wal-Mart, and i'm set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom