Status
Not open for further replies.
For an internal picture:

The guts of Alpha.

The internals:

1024 MB RAM (2x256, 1x 512)
60GB HD
DVD-R drive
Geforce 4 Ti 4600 (that obscenly long card next to the RAM)

and yes, that giant silver thing is the heat sink. Massive, isnt it?

Attachments

• method.gif
    13.4 KB · Views: 25
let me guess you picked it up on sale at radioshack, where you have questions and they have cell phones!!

yeah well we know what infeior processors need large heat sinks for lol. just kidding. how many fans do you have?

Taggert_LOA said:
yeah well we know what infeior processors need large heat sinks for lol. just kidding. how many fans do you have?

I believe I have two fans total. One fan for the processor and one 80mm case fan. And that heatsink is that big because the processor class was nearing its end (in a similar fashion that Intel upgrades its P4 line with newer chips under the same name, Apple does this with its G4 chip) in clocking headroom. It only reached +67MHz before the proc was changed to DDR-SDRAM and the multiplier was lowered to accomodate the higher bus speed.

The Geforce 4 Ti has a damn loud fan. Without it inside (with a passive heat geforce 4 mx) the system is much quieter.

I'll post a pic of my iMac eventually, but it's nothing special. Just blue and white.

g5orbust said:
Beta, my powerbook G4 (12 inch, 867MHz)

btw, that's an iBook, not a Powerbook.

mac_mogul said:
btw, that's an iBook, not a Powerbook. [/B]

Oh God, you arent serious are you?

I think I would know the model of my own computer, but if you want proof here you are. A screen grab of this thread being written, my OSX system info and my OSX system profiler window.

Attachments

• dexkirabeach.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 105
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom