Hit the link for the possible skin and cast your vote

• Yes, use it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, keep looking

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be better without anything on the left, so there's more space to stretch the text, etc.
And yes, I agree with changing green to light blue.

Some people will like it, some people won't. So I say it would be a good idea to include it as an optional skin, which users can choose in their user preferences.

I voted yes, because i don't really like the current vB skin. However i think like previously said it looks a bit unprofessional especially for the kind of tech/geek forum this is :cool: I think something a little more sophisticated may be nice with a more discrete color palette ;)

edit: Compared to other skins i could find this is very nice ! go with it :)

I think the new skin would look sharp and would change it up a bit. A few of the other forums i've been to use this same skin as Tech does now and it gets kind of boring.

The idea is to use a single skin for everyone. Larry explained that there are a lot of extra elements to tech-forums, so using one skin makes everything a lot easier. otherwise, each skin has to be set up and adjusted and the different elements won't cross over correctly.

Larry also said we could change skins later, depending on the reception of this one. Nothing is set in stone.

Thanks for the links. We have seen most of them, but a couple were new.

And thanks for the feedback.This is a community, and we want the decision to be one we all can live with.

I don't like it, forum skins like that always make the forum feel kinda "cheap", I guess I don't just like black skins. The default VB one is pretty nice imo, I don't see much reason to change it.

Is there a way to get only the gurus/mods to have the new skin so that we can decide, it will simplify the voting that way and as the main users its us who are hardcore enough to have the forum open 24-7 lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom