Hit the link for the possible skin and cast your vote

• Yes, use it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, keep looking

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks nice indeed (except that green circles). If you guys make the change i would love to make a logo for tech forums... :D

It's very easy to change the post icons. Nice shiny T F in simple black/gray and white would do nicely.

thanks everyone for posting....
i see the voting is basically 50/50 :(

that does not help much :)

my reasoning / thinking about the theme/skin/look & feel:

1) i only want 1, as to not deal with mulitple and not have to worry about people not finding something, etc. etc. multiple is a head for multiple reasons :)

2) readability is most important - flashy graphics is the least important

3) i would like some graphics and/or a nice look and feel to help promote TF -- as we know first impressions can be/ are important.

4) i like the dark background, as I think it helps things/stuff 'stand out' --- "pop" if you will. NOW its easy to go to far---- but i was thinking the one we suggested does not go to far?

5) i'm positive, we (i) can tweak any colors, small graphics, etc. if we like 95% of a theme... i can get it the other 5% of the way.

6) i do have plans for adding new features/stuff/pages to make the home page more of a portal (yes, the current home page of TF was supposed to be temporary :) )
so i want a good layout to grow the site .... the new theme is not JUST for the message board.

7) i would like to do a complete custom one ... but in reality --- spending a lot of time and money --- if only 50% of the members like it... its no good.

i don't mind buying a good, nice theme... finding it is HARD :)

please... if you have an idea for a theme... post a link to it.

PS> vbseo is coming out with a new theme... i'm looking forward to seeing it???

I still think two skins would be the optimal choice, its gonna be a bit difficult to settle on just one skin.

Or we could use one skin, and modify it into different color schemes, so users have a choice and dont have to stare at the same colors day after day.

Ive already showed this to the rest of the staff, but this is a forum which i used to frequent often, and i just love the skin they use.

This is the home page, something else that is nicely setup. Click on forum and it takes you to the
beauty of a skin.

Sprintusers.com - The Place for Sprint Phone Reviews, Sprint Tools, and Sprint Ringtones.

I see it as looking very professional, and while its not dark it still uses shades of grays which really make things look nice. We could change the yellow color to something else, like a blue or even a different shade of gray or black and it would keep the overall light theme but add some darkness and contrast.

I have to agree with Rican. There is no way everyone is going to agree on 1 skin. Cause some of us have a preference for a light coloured skin while others like dark coloured skins.

Having a dark skin wont necessarily make the stuff "pop" if you will. Cause the text that is posted is also dark. Not to mention if the emoticons are not updated you will have a bad contrast everytime one is used.

Cause they will have a white border around them on a dark skin. The same thing will happen with images that are posted. If they have a white background they will stand out more and while it will give the pop effect it will be in a negative way more than positive cause it will look bad.

While we do need to get off of the standard skin. There is not going to be a full agreement on a skin choice. Of those posted by Surge

Solido - vBulletin theme by vB Skins
future vision - vBulletin theme by vB Skins

those look the best to me. Yet they are lighter. The future one is fixed which looks really bad on my widescreen montior.

I can understand the whole concept of trying to keep things minimalized i dont think that you will get a agreement on just 1 skin. that is my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom