Popups Are Awsome!! >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argilus

In Runtime
I honestly didn't know where to post this, so I posted it here.

Ok. Either it's some software I downloaded or a stamp from searchin g the net, but when every I just have my computer running, and I'm not on the on Internet Explorer, I still get pop ups. Like some Jessica Simpson one or something, then an AOL Optamized, and the "WIn this Computer" 3,4 ....

Anyway, there's stamped some place, anyone know how I can hunt these down and delete them?

Search through your computer and look for em, I have had similar issues, and I have found folders with stuff that makes popups appear when im not online. Its called adware, its annoying as hell so watch what sites you go to, certain sites just install it automatically when you visit.

Yeah, I know. Those bastards, honestly I just want a program to block that, but everytime I find programs that do that, that program has it's own adware. It's horrible. *dies*

Ok. Go to download.com and first download Ad-Aware 6. Run a scan, fix problems, restart and let it fix the additional problems if there are any it can't fix because of them running at the moment. (it will ask you if you want it to run a scan on the restart if there is the need)

Then go back to download.com and download Spybot. Do the same thing.

Now go to google.com and download the Google Toolbar which is free, legal, simple, blocks popups, and doesn't include annoyances. Or download a better browser then Internet Explorer (not hard to find). Like Mozilla Firebird (not the traditional Mozilla). Simple, light, fast, tabbed browsing, no loading logo stuff (like IE and unlike the older Mozilla's), skinnable, Open Source, less hacked by viruses and spyware/adware, but it's still Beta. Yet it is better then IE. Read this on why IE actually is not, by definition, an Internet Browser: http://ashitaka-san.home.comcast.net/yayrant/ieharmful.html

Note that you may should run the update on Ad-ware before using it.

The pop-ups are more than likely caused by tracking cookies located on your system. Well hidden I might add.

Some actually create dummies in numerous areas of your hard disk to let you think you have got them ......smart eh?

The update on Ad-aware 6 should work. Very good program.

I god an adware a couple of days ago which keeps changing my homepage to a site every like couple of minutes. I searched my register for, local machine-software-micro$oft-windoze-current version-run, and look for strange keys pointing to some programs that I never run. Then I check my starup folder. Most time those adwares will generate entries in those places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom