poor service in the UK -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukas

Daemon Poster
Well, around 1 week ago i sent my monitor back due to the power cable creating sparks alot of the time and weird noises and randomly turning off every now and again.

I got a phone call from the shop 2 days ago saying my monitor is ready to be picked up, i thought, thats fast, so i went and got the monitor only to get home and find a different monitor in the box with a dent in the screen and scratches all around the sides of the monitor, i then looked at the stand which was 10x worse than the monitor, it had huge scrapes in it like someone had got a set of keys and scratched it on purpose, so we took it back into the shop, and the people said they sent it to samsung and samsung sent that one back.

But then i thought, samsung wouldnt have sent me a 2nd hand monitor and it would have took atleast 2 weeks for it to be shipped and shipped back, and another week or 2 trying to fix it, but then it occured to me, they just got a monitor which used to be on display and switched it and told me some ******** story...

All of these problems happened with a shop called currys, well known in the UK, wouldnt expect that tbh, just a word of warning for anyone who has problems with someone they purchased from currys.

Sorry to hear that. I would never buy anything from curry's as they are quite expensive and the people there seem absolutely clueless.

There are a few online shops that I've dealt with in the past and the customer service has been great. Overclockers.co.uk, ebuyer.com, dabs.com

Well i saw this samsung monitor a few months back, it was cheaper in the shop than ebuyer so i decided to buy it, seems like i wont be doing that again..

Overclockers in my experience have crap (surprised that isn't filtered :)) personal service!!! I always go kustompcs.co.uk or dabs.com depending on what I am getting. Kustom do have the best customer service in the uk that I have heard about if they're suppliers get delayed and your order has an item sitting on the suppliers truck aswell as components they have in stock. They send you an email informing you send the components they can send on time then absorb the cost of sending the suppliers stock asap and convenient with you. What more could you ask for they also the head of sales Graeme is very likeable and isn't cutthroat he will source any part he can, he will tell you legitimate part choices that many of us would reccomend on the forums, like buying an E8400 and overclocking yourself ultimately costing him a small profit margin as now the only owner of the company. Articles that go indepth on how to build complicated setups such as sky tv on your pc and car pcs. The ultimate store imo I only use dabs if Its on sale and generally there sales are some of the best.

Overclockers.co.uk ignored me for a day when I called them up they said they had sent it but calling citylink and they not recieved the items yet. No refund on P&P even though 2 days late. Finally the item was coming as paid for before 12pm but the citylink van brokedown. Had to call citylink to get this info no-one bothered to tell mesobviously not overclockers fault though as I doubt they were informed. Citylink got another van out with my item that day and I told the district manager that I was gone between 2-3:30pm so can the new van drop it off after then. New van came to my house at 3pm as shown by the online tracker but no note was left. I call up citylink for the 3rd time they said very very sorry blah blah would be out first thing the next morning P&P won't be reimbursed by them but overclockers.co.uk should. Called up overclockers.co.uk and they weren't going to reimburse me £15 P&P as it was not there fault. Item finally came but box was bashed around a bit and although the packaging was adequate for a packaged item as my motherboard would of been retail, this was a b-grade board so was loose in a anti-static bag and some foam to protect the base of the boards solder in a cardboard box. The motherboard box was then put in a bigger cardboard box with one of those balloon strips that they use only on one side.

Ebuyers I can never work my way around the site so only ever look at the deals when I am searching for new parts. Wouldn't go with pc-world or comet normally overpriced and too large a company.

Currys is god awful, I have worked there an I can't begin to tell you how inept the support staff are when it comes to anything more complex than a hoover.

Unacceptable.

Take it back and dont leave the store untill you are given a the correct monitor in proper condition. Take it up the chain of command if you have to. If the manager there doesnt want to help contact his boss and keep going higher until someone does something.

Sounds bad.

...so we took it back into the shop, and the people said they sent it to samsung and samsung sent that one back.

But then i thought, samsung wouldnt have sent me a 2nd hand monitor and it would have took atleast 2 weeks for it to be shipped and shipped back, and another week or 2 trying to fix it, but then it occured to me, they just got a monitor which used to be on display and switched it and told me some ******** story...

How long ago did you purchase the monitor?

Unacceptable.

Take it back and dont leave the store untill you are given a the correct monitor in proper condition. Take it up the chain of command if you have to. If the manager there doesnt want to help contact his boss and keep going higher until someone does something.

Good advice make sure you don't get shafted by a SFM they are no more than very low management, ask for the shift manager or the store manager they can not deny you. The best an most obvious option would be a direct swap or a refund but hold out for new you would be surprised how often they will give in for a quiet life an no calls from the regional manager.

we took it back and they took it back, waiting to see what they do, and i bought the monitor back in june for my birthday.

If they send us a 2nd hand monitor again i am gonna be annoyed, i dno what to do :x

Go into the shop, and tell them you won't leave untill they give you your money or a new monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom