Ponderings for the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdinkel

Daemon Poster
1) If a turkey becomes canibalistic on a fellow turkey, will it too fall asleep due to the triptopan, and be the thanksgiving turkey?

2) If my engine is a 3.8 l (232 Cubic Inches), does it only displace that at wide-open?

i don't get number two. slow or not, low RPMs or not, the cylinders will still have the same displacement. the only way to change displacement is to alter the steel or aluminum block or clyinders in some way, ie. porting. i don't see what open throttle would have anything to do with that.

thought for the day

when playing with electricity, don't experiment with important things! Especially if they decide to spontaneously implode...

Oh, and the turkey thing, no. Because the second turkey already contains triptopan, therefore creating a sort of immunity to it's effects. :)

And the displacement thing... eh... displacement is a physical thing. A form of physical measurement. An engine with 455 cubic inches (such as mine) will forever and always be and engine with 455 cubic inches. Wide open or not. :)

Re: thought for the day

mac_mogul said:
when playing with electricity, don't experiment with important things! Especially if they decide to spontaneously implode...

Oh, and the turkey thing, no. Because the second turkey already contains triptopan, therefore creating a sort of immunity to it's effects. :)

And the displacement thing... eh... displacement is a physical thing. A form of physical measurement. An engine with 455 cubic inches (such as mine) will forever and always be and engine with 455 cubic inches. Wide open or not. :)

Agreed.

What i meant was when your driving down the road, you don't displace your the whole capacity of your engine in a second.

If it did, then a 3.8 l (which is about a gallon), would drain the whole tank in 16 seconds in my car.

Thats what i meant.

The other thing that was just pondered is :is there a formula to figure out, based on throttle position, how much fuel you're using

that's not fuel displacement. your cylinders inside the chambers take up most of that, so total gas/fuel displacement is a LOT less than total displacement of the car.

mrdinkel said:
If it did, then a 3.8 l (which is about a gallon), would drain the whole tank in 16 seconds in my car.

Like I said before, displacement is a measurment of SIZE. If you were to measure your engine's physical mass, then you would come up with 3.8L (or 232 cubic inches) For gas mileage, you should consult your owner's manual or the dealer/person(s) you purchased the vehicle from. Yes admittedly, wide up driving will use up gas, but not within 16 seconds (unless you have a fishbowl for a gas tank :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom