Politics thread (continuing from h/w)

Status
Not open for further replies.
this thread need to be closed. I can't stand republicans throwing the arrogance around. they don't live in the hood. they don't see the people dying because of these new BS laws, that they fully support. you all don't see the people (whole families) going to the streets

what about these new laws like the one that cutting medicaid to the poor, so the rich can get that tax break here in ohio.or the fact that we can't jobs because the rich need to get richer.

how about the blacks that commit a felony 20 years ago, they have learned their lesson, they haven't been in trouble since and stay gainfully employed ever since., but now they can't get jobs because of homeland security. worse yet they were fired from their job for the same reasons. they didn't have shite to do with a plane bombing the world trade center.

I'm not 16. I'm a 35 year old african american. F*ck America. 5 years ago, I would have died for this country. not now. I've been stripped of my american rights.

I've had my license suspended a few years because a rich person hit my car. they had insurance. I didn't. I was just fired off 3 months before because of homeland security, so I couldn't make my insurance payment. but that was irrelevant because they hit me. not so anymore. 5 years ago they would have had to fix my car. that's not so anymore. not with these new laws design to kill the poor and strengthen the rich. I got a 3600.00 judgement on me to fix their car now.

F*ck America. If you want me to leave, give me the money and resources to do it. I will. y'all playing like y'all high and mighty, when you are really working tfor the devil

I guess that make me a terrorist now.

Caddie.jpg

Chankama said:
Hey man. What are ur thoughts on Affirmative Action?

I "believe" Bush doesn't support it as I remember he said something re: that. Then a reporter said "But, Mr. President, didn't u get into Yale University b/c your father went there prior to you?".. Bush was his usual eloquent self of course.. "uh huh.. errr um".. Supposedly, Bush didn't have the qualifications to get their on his own..

Obviously this is ALSO "affirmative action" in some sense. But not towards minorities. This particular setup is actually discrimination "against" minorities. b/c most of the current "alumni" (baby boom generation) in the US, are "not" minorities. So it was kindda ironic why Bush was against "the traditional affirmative action"..

For those of u that don't know this, some big universities usually give preference to kids of alumni.. Why?.. Easy.. $$$$$$$$$.. And I am not making this up. Once, the Harvard President wrote an article re: this, and replaced "s"'s in some places with "$". :)

Anyways, I can tell u that the impact on minorities is more so than people think it is. I know my parents had to go through a lot of shit in these countries. I swear, sometimes I just feel like going to these places and just start mauling these bastards. Discrimination at its best. But you never hear about it. You only hear "some" cases and think "oh wow". But its really probably 10x that number in reality.

And its tough sometimes, growing up.. You have to worry about this shit on top of the "usual" problems kids go through. Your parents try their best, but it's not easy.. So affirmative action is in some sense trying to correct these "unheard of" problems.

Some people have suggested that they replace "race" based positive discrimination with "personal weath" based discrimination. I think this has some merits. What do u guys think about this.

Affirmative Action leveled the playing field because despite the distortions going around, a black has to 3-4 times as good just to get the same job.

like chris rock said if a black person got B's and C's in school they will never qualify for managemnet positions anywhere, period. but the leader of our country is a D student

beedubaya said:
I have my own reasons for disliking the Bush administration, but I wouldn't go as far as to compare him to Hitler. I do think he's too power hungry though. I do understand his motives and why he is doing the things he is, but I think he is taking it way to far and neglecting some of the things that are really important here at home.

Yeah hitler was a much better leader, except for the whole jewish fact.

And I dont hate you Americans, I hate your goverment

Nubius said:

Most of the time americans are cocky as hell and just plain ignorant, so I honestly can say I see why we're hated.....but as far as canada goes it's pretty stupid, most people say they hate canada because that's just what they hear especially of course like on south park, and I'd say canadians just follow suit

You have no idea how funny us Canadians that south park song thingamajiggy blame Canada.

The main difference between us is Canadians laugh at everything, expsisally on the Political side.

And Eric, im sad to hear that, i cant believe your goverment is going into a pile of crap that big :angry:

The good thing about black people is that they have organizations that fight for them. They have a lot of people in high positions that can make a difference for other black people.

Wish there were similar organizations for other minorities. There are, but not as many. I am gonna see what I can do when I graduate.

And forget B's and C's man. Even if u are the best of the best and have worked in the industry for decades, it's still tough. One of my good friends dad was recently laid off. The reason you ask?

His manager called him in for a "off the record talk". He said, "you are the best worker we have right now (and he was right), but times are tough and we have to let some one go".. He was let go. Only him. He was the only minority in the damn place. And he was the most productive member. It wasn't really his manager's decision.

I was like "uncle, u should take legal action".. But he doesn't want to.. Like most minorities. Craziness.

DJ-CHRIS said:
You have no idea how funny us Canadians that south park song thingamajiggy blame Canada.

The main difference between us is Canadians laugh at everything, expsisally on the Political side.

And Eric, im sad to hear that, i cant believe your goverment is going into a pile of crap that big :angry:

the thought is appreciated

Bush is amazing, how can someone be in so much crap that when all the facts say he did wrong, he still thinks what he did was alright? I strongly dislike Bush, I am sorry but his actions speak much louder then words. The Patriot act, what the hell was that? I am sorry but stay out of my life, thank god the politicans are going to review it and restate it. Another is the war in Iraq, we should NOT be there. I dont care what you say about how Sadam is a terrorist supporter, we are just as bad then. Guess who we trainned and supported, the one and only most wanted man in the world, Usama Bin Laden. Oh were are those Weapons of Mass Destruction that were NEVER THERE! He led you on and then he changed it to supporting terrorism, hes fighting daddys little war. I think Saddam should be out yes but not a ****ing war!

Bush is a total blunt sided moron that cant even read. Kerry would have been a better president. Atleast he stands up for human rights, you want to talk about that then. Anyone ever look at womens rights? They cant even choose what to do with their baby if it was up to Bush. I am sorry but religon and goverment are SEPERATE!! I am sick of Bush and his, I AM GOING TO TELL YOU WHAT TO DO WITH YOUR LIFE bullshit.

He goes against stem cell research but goes for killing thousands of innocent people in Iraq and Africa. I want to live, unless you know the complexaties of stem cell research dont comment on this, because if you say one thing about it being "killing babies" you dont know what you are talking about. He serves the rich, only aiming to be rich.

I can understand that we all make mistakes but he has made FAR to many. He could have prevented the 9/11 attacks if taking a vacation and playing golf wasnt so important to him. Maybe he should spend a little more time in his office, serving us! We pay him to do that after all.

-Ryan

Chankama said:
The good thing about black people is that they have organizations that fight for them. They have a lot of people in high positions that can make a difference for other black people.

Wish there were similar organizations for other minorities. There are, but not as many. I am gonna see what I can do when I graduate.

And forget B's and C's man. Even if u are the best of the best and have worked in the industry for decades, it's still tough. One of my good friends dad was recently laid off. The reason you ask?

His manager called him in for a "off the record talk". He said, "you are the best worker we have right now (and he was right), but times are tough and we have to let some one go".. He was let go. Only him. He was the only minority in the damn place. And he was the most productive member. It wasn't really his manager's decision.

I was like "uncle, u should take legal action".. But he doesn't want to.. Like most minorities. Craziness.

It was about 8 or 9 years, I got a job at napa. they made us watch the dicrimination video to ensure us that they didn't descriminate. I went to the store in westerville. they had an old man training me for 3 days. I though everything was fine. I go in one day and they tell me. "the guy worked here for over 20 years, he never had to train one and he don't want to now". I respond to them "what do you mean one" they say nothing.

I went to numerous lawyers and they all said the same thing. Ohio was an something state, I forget what word they use, but I guess it meant I wouldn't be successful in sueing them

Man Eric, that's tough man. So it was buddy's fault and u still had to pay eh?.. Craziness. And his policies do discrminate a lot against the poor.

I remember Warren Buffett, who said, "All these new policies are meant to be good for the rich people. To make people like me even richer. And money is taken away from poor people". He is right. And he was the only "rich" person to speak so strongly against Bush's policies. I admire him. Bush is a bastard though.

I want to know why 250+ BILLION dollars has gone to a war that has done nothing, the country is still in ruins and is supposed to be handed over in June. People died in vein there, it makes me want to cry to know their child didnt serve a purpose, he was a pawn in a game and there is nothing I can do about it. Do you know what we can do with 250+ billion dollars? Diabetes would be gone, AIDs could be gone, Cancer could be gone, this is bogus!

People are starving and the money goes to war? I strongly support veterains, the true ones. The ones of WWII and Korean war. My grandpa was in the Korean war and has a purple heart for it. I support the soliders, not the leader of them. Bush has taken money from places that arnt supposed to be touched for this war, he is the reason the Dollar is worth so little, why so many jobs are gone. He wants to then let people in to take what little jobs we have left! ANTI-BUSH! I am 16 and have studied sociology very very intensly, heading my class and having personal interviews with the teacher to explore it more. I know what I am talking about here, dont put me down for that.

-Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom