Politics thread (continuing from h/w)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it, Bush is doing this on purpose. He wants the job situation in US to improve. A weak dollar is one way of doing this. A weak dollar means, it is worth less compared to foreign currency. That means "others" can buy more US stuff. Which means, more US jobs. Of course, this means, the US standard of living will go down. But who cares right? :-\

If he "wants" to, Bush can improve the dollar anytime. Buddy just need to dip into the little (or not so little) Bond market. Then the dollar would rise, people in other parts of the world will find it "more expensive" to buy US stuff, US's demand will decrease, and jobs will go away.........

What a guy.. He's just masking his faults the way I see it.

oooh, nvm, i thought i was looking at the hardware forum since i just replied to the exact same thread (or so i thought) like an hour ago :D

Bush is the best we had to choose from in the last two elections. Well, the best serious candidate, anyway.

Guess I'm just a hard-nosed conservative at heart. Bleeding heart liberals are basically targets on the driving range as far as I'm concerned.

But that's just me.

MrBebop26 said:
He seems like a great guy to watch a football game with and have a beer but as a leader of our country I dont think so.

you are obviously not african-american. if you look around, all of the kkk policies are passing. we are the first and foremost the first ones being affected by these new laws

they are making them for us and are just grouping poor whites in our category

5 years ago we had rights. now we have priviledges

Bush is the best we had to choose from in the last two elections. Well, the best serious candidate, anyway.
Exactly, people complain about bush but it's like damn...did you even SEE the two candidates!? no way in hell I'd want kerry.....but anyway it's a bunch of 13-16 year olds talking about politics and 'hating america'

Soooooo yeah this will go nowhere and have no actual thought provoking arguements anywhere at all....

you hate america, go to cuba or china, see how they treat you there.

About canada vs america, that's just freaking retarded.....when I was young and naive like basically most here are...I used to say "SCREW CANADA" because that was just 'the cool thing to do'

But ya know I realised, that canada is basically a friendly neighbor to the north, they don't just start shit for no reason, and (except for the french side) are generally pretty good people, have good beer, great sites to see, good weed :p and overall don't bug me half as much as friggen mexico....

So basically all you canadians that say 'screw america' and you americans that say 'screw canada' need to stop for 5 friggen seconds and think "wait why do I actually hate it?" and hell it'll probably be because you came across one dude who was an asshole from said country and so bam you hate that country.

I make jokes here and there, but canada is aright by me.

Nubius said:
....but anyway it's a bunch of 13-16 year olds talking about politics and 'hating america'
I really love those types. :rolleyes:

i got my house mate that seems to get off on america bashing.

i got my house mate that seems to get off on america bashing.
Yeah, Raekwon was telling me that a lot of people in australia were hating bush and america because of the way your guys ...what is it prime minister...is that what your country leader is called? Anyway that he was acting like they owed bush for something, I don't know, I forget the whole details but he said there was a lot of people hating america.

I can honestly see why a lot of countries hate us because other countries know more about their own country PLUS america, than most americans know about our own country.

Most of the time americans are cocky as hell and just plain ignorant, so I honestly can say I see why we're hated.....but as far as canada goes it's pretty stupid, most people say they hate canada because that's just what they hear especially of course like on south park, and I'd say canadians just follow suit

Nubius said:
Yeah, Raekwon was telling me that a lot of people in australia were hating bush and america because of the way your guys ...what is it prime minister...is that what your country leader is called? Anyway that he was acting like they owed bush for something, I don't know, I forget the whole details but he said there was a lot of people hating america.

Our Prime Minister needs to be on the good side of the US manily for safety.

As far as hating Americans.... nah its only the crap TV shows

EricB said:
you are obviously not african-american. if you look around, all of the kkk policies are passing. we are the first and foremost the first ones being affected by these new laws

they are making them for us and are just grouping poor whites in our category

5 years ago we had rights. now we have priviledges

Hey man. What are ur thoughts on Affirmative Action?

I "believe" Bush doesn't support it as I remember he said something re: that. Then a reporter said "But, Mr. President, didn't u get into Yale University b/c your father went there prior to you?".. Bush was his usual eloquent self of course.. "uh huh.. errr um".. Supposedly, Bush didn't have the qualifications to get their on his own..

Obviously this is ALSO "affirmative action" in some sense. But not towards minorities. This particular setup is actually discrimination "against" minorities. b/c most of the current "alumni" (baby boom generation) in the US, are "not" minorities. So it was kindda ironic why Bush was against "the traditional affirmative action"..

For those of u that don't know this, some big universities usually give preference to kids of alumni.. Why?.. Easy.. $$$$$$$$$.. And I am not making this up. Once, the Harvard President wrote an article re: this, and replaced "s"'s in some places with "$". :)

Anyways, I can tell u that the impact on minorities is more so than people think it is. I know my parents had to go through a lot of shit in these countries. I swear, sometimes I just feel like going to these places and just start mauling these bastards. Discrimination at its best. But you never hear about it. You only hear "some" cases and think "oh wow". But its really probably 10x that number in reality.

And its tough sometimes, growing up.. You have to worry about this shit on top of the "usual" problems kids go through. Your parents try their best, but it's not easy.. So affirmative action is in some sense trying to correct these "unheard of" problems.

Some people have suggested that they replace "race" based positive discrimination with "personal weath" based discrimination. I think this has some merits. What do u guys think about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom