Points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it is free, the only thing holding you back is your Idea of "Right and wrong" :p

I never heard of it, but I promise to post more Pics once I get home.

Starry night is cool in that I can also Fast forward or rewind the clock like a few thousands of years. So I can see how the sky would look at 1 AD or 3145 AD. Its pretty nice. I can also have the H-R Diagram show me all the stars on the Screen right now. Which corresponds to a stars Surface Temparture and Absolute Magnitude.

Yes, I've used Starry Night for a while. However I didn't know you can produce a HR diagram. Must be a recent feature. Sounds cool by the way.

Ste said:
Perfect orbit? Incorrect. Its called Keplers First Law
"The orbit of a planet about the Sun is an ellipse with the Sun's center of mass at one focus."
I have no idea where you getting your information but your so completly wrong.
LOL @ Our galaxy would be destroyed because of earth being destroyed.
LOL @ other galaxies being affected because of our planet being destroyed.
What Drug are you on? Your Hilarious, you should be a comedian, wait, no someone may actualy believe you.

Wth, My inbox has nothing in it. Nothing! Lol. Anyways,

"1:You showed us a picture that I love dearly, but your interpretation of it was quite the opposite. If we both learn anything from this, it should be that there are more than one way to look at things. 2:I hence ask you: why chose the apathetic view? Does it do any good for you? Does it give you a reason to get up in the morning, a reason to seek that which will enhance your spirit? If it does, then do keep it... whatever floats your boat. 3:But be sincere about it."

1. Not an interpretation, just an opinion. I respect everyones opinion because I know an opinion is a thought or feeling developed because of the Combination of genetic code and Experiences in one Life. Therefore everyones opinion is unique and true in their point of view.
2. Its not like I can choose to be apathetic one minute and Full of emotions the next minuet. Its just the way I am come to be. In my exsistence I don't have a real definition of good, it neither does/is good or bad for me. Um, I don't believe in "spirit": But Prehaps I don't understand the context your using it in???
3. I am sincere. I started this thread to guage what other people think about it.

keep the replies comming, but Please don't post something as ignorant as what FF posted. That was simply ROFLalicious.

Atleast someone got a good kick out of the whole "galaxies being destroyed by one missing planet thing". :)

why should we feel insignificant? because our universe is unimaginably large? i have a life HERE. I like to think there's other life out there and ponder many questions about the universe, but I've yet to feel insignificant.

More images as promised.

Slow Connections Beware, Five Large Images.
The Below Picture is of Chicagos Night Sky with the HR Diagram to the left with all visible stars graphed. The Red dot on the Grapgh is the Star that the Data is shown for.
hrimagell3.png

The Below Image is what chicagos Night Sky Looked like in Two AD. With the HR Diagram to the Left.
vegain2adev6.png

The Below Image is the Virgo Cluster. Just some Galaxies At Close Range. The Data for the Virgo Galaxy is displayed.
virgoclusteryd1.png

The Image Below illustrates the Tully Table. What our Local Area would like like from an outside observer. Each point is a Galaxy.
tullytablefg1.png

The Tully table pointing out the Percieved location of our galaxy zoomed in a bit.
milkywayyc6.png

Ste, pardon me for stating my opinion here but, you really come off as an "Obnoxious S.O.B". You asked a question like in 3 different ways and then asked for people to respond. Then people contribute their thoughts and ideas and you reply obnoxiously.

But noone wants to answer my question?

"Now my question: Now that you know, how insignificant do you think our planet is?"

Ill reword it, how insignificant do you think humanity is?

Then FireFox, posts his opinion and views and you try to tear him apart with...

"The orbit of a planet about the Sun is an ellipse with the Sun's center of mass at one focus."
What Drug are you on? Your Hilarious, you should be a comedian, wait, no someone may actualy believe you.

keep the replies comming, but Please don't post something as ignorant as what FF posted. That was simply ROFLalicious.

Damm right its human arrogence.
Every human, even myself is arrogent and ignorant in their own ways according to the opinions of others.

wow... Everyone wants to participant in your thread dude... Where YOU'RE OPINION IS THE ONLY OPINION THAT MAKES SENSE AND EVERYONE ELSE IS ON DRUGS...

Well, heres my opinion:
This thread sucks. Go ahead... Pick it apart.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Ste, pardon me for stating my opinion here but, you really come off as an "Obnoxious S.O.B". You asked a question like in 3 different ways and then asked for people to respond. Then people contribute their thoughts and ideas and you reply obnoxiously.

But noone wants to answer my question?

"Now my question: Now that you know, how insignificant do you think our planet is?"

Ill reword it, how insignificant do you think humanity is?

Then FireFox, posts his opinion and views and you try to tear him apart with...

Damm right its human arrogence.
Every human, even myself is arrogent and ignorant in their own ways according to the opinions of others.

wow... Everyone wants to participant in your thread dude... Where YOU'RE OPINION IS THE ONLY OPINION THAT MAKES SENSE AND EVERYONE ELSE IS ON DRUGS...

Well, heres my opinion:
This thread sucks. Go ahead... Pick it apart.

Wow. Ok, maybe I should go back and edit that post as that's not actually my opinion it was an attempt at humor, and I don't quite agree with Ste on everything he's said as he's just downright depressing. Anyway, I'll go back and edit my post with a warning label. :rolleyes:

Whats the point of living then? Your going to die anyways, why prolong the inevitable?

I have thought about how insignificant we are in the grand scheme of things and find it amazing. Just the thought of something that is infinatly bigger and more important than what is going on down here on Earth just boggles my mind. But ive decided to enjoy my time alive to the fullest and have fun. If that fun comes from something that could be dangerous, so be it. Im not afraid of dying. I will enjoy what I have.

Those pictures are cool though. Ive seen similar pictures before and seeing galaxies through my dads homebuilt telescope is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom