Please somone help me. I have an impossible sound problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint71

In Runtime
Ok here is the deal for some reason I cant get my volume icon to appear on my taskbar. One day it just stoped showing up. Not only that but now the sound doesnt work on things like videos through websites like spiked humor and youtube which is really annoying. But my sound still works. I can listen to music and stuff with windows media play so I know my sound is working.

I have literaly done everything and have read tons of things about this issue. My show volume icon on task bar has a check on it and im not telling it to hide any icons in the taskbar so that cant be it. I have replaced windows sound files and have made numerous changed to the rigistry. I go to msconfig and it says that syndvol.exe or what ever sound is called is on the startup. But for some reason when I restart my computer and look at what is running its not there! Why wont it start up.

I have no idiea why this will not work. I do not want to reinstall windows I have too much stuff on my computer. There has to a way to fix this. If anyone can figure out this problem you are a freaking genius.

Please somone help me!!!

Reinstall your sound drivers.

If it's on your motherboard, locate your motherboard's website and download their drivers. Make sure it's the latest version.

If it's a PCI sound card, then reinstall the drivers through www.driverguide.com

That doesnt seem to work either but thanks for trying to help. I give up mabye I will just take my computer to the Geek Squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom