Please... I need a Classic Rock Alternatve!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might take some getting used to, it's a bit of a more obscure classic rock song, still immensely popular and totally different:

YouTube - Focus- Hocus Pocus (live '73)

One of my favorite songs. Jan Akkerman is one of the best Les Paul guitarists of all time. The band just works so well as a whole.

Here's also the studio recording of that song, but I much prefer the live performance:

FOCUS music, discography, MP3, videos and reviews (just scroll down)

I'm very much into classic rock myself. CCR, Neil Young, Beatles, The Doors, The Who, Fleetwood Mac, Rolling Stones, Eagles, Hendrix, Zeppelin, Clapton, Dylan.. I could go on.

Just list one good artist in the genre and their best song.
Metal/Rock
Sonata Arctica- Kingdom For a Heart

Dream Theater- Acid Rain, Constant Motion, Fatal Tragedy... it's really hard to choose a best song for this band. Plus some of the songs have different styles, so take the time and listen to a couple of them.

Lordi - Hard Rock Hallelujah, Who's Your Daddy, Chainsaw Buffet... same deal. This band might be straying a bit too far away from Classic Rock for you...

Spiderbait - Black Betty

System of a Down - Toxicity

Punk:

Authority Zero - Society's Sequence

Rise Against - Give It All

You just need a good source.

Can't really say it better than that. It might be worth it to subscribe to Sirius Radio. There's so much content on there to really fit any interest.
I was in the same boat for a while. Then I started to tour with this band called Phish. Before the show, there would be different people around playing different music. Got a lot of ideas there.

Can't really say it better than that. It might be worth it to subscribe to Sirius Radio. There's so much content on there to really fit any interest.
I was in the same boat for a while. Then I started to tour with this band called Phish. Before the show, there would be different people around playing different music. Got a lot of ideas there.

I have sirius. I usually listen to 14, 15, and 19.

ever tried TOOL?
good drop d stuff. white stripes are okay, elephant was a winner. but i have to lol @ them being better than say, Pearl Jam. whom you should really like if you are a classic rock fan. best concerts ever. with the possible exception of the Black Crowes, another group you should like if you're into classic rock. also, you should try a semi-known band out of new orleans called Galactic. they are VERY good musicians.
yes i was in the same boat, listening to CR my whole life. i still do quite a bit, but i try to sample more modern artists as well. worked out well for me.
try the four i listed above, you will like one or two of them if not all.

p.s. when you say toured with phish you mean you played in phish? or you followed them around? or you did technical work for them? phish is pretty good for a jam band. kinda like widespread panic. not really my cup o tea but i have heard plenty of their stuff through my hippie friends. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom