Playing Highschool Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive played rugby league all my life, ive broke 1 arm and a leg...but hey im a better person for it ill never make those mistakes again. But if your going to join mate id say go for it.

Ulti_DOOM said:
ive played rugby league all my life, ive broke 1 arm and a leg...but hey im a better person for it ill never make those mistakes again. But if your going to join mate id say go for it.

Rugby is a brutal sport, but it just doesn't appeal to me. I had the choice of either lacrosse or rugby and I chose lacrosse by a long shot.

its verry brutal... apparently for every year you play in a team you loose 1.3 years of you life (depending on the team/circumstances) its really popular here, the town im from is forged on rugby everyone i went to school with played it at one stage.

Ulti_DOOM said:
its verry brutal... apparently for every year you play in a team you loose 1.3 years of you life (depending on the team/circumstances) its really popular here, the town im from is forged on rugby everyone i went to school with played it at one stage.

I don't think that's true, getting knocked around wouldn't make such drastic consequences.

But yeah, I've seen some rugby games, brutal it is. As trotter once said, theres a reason the people in football wear pads.

people think that paintball is not very athletic....
when infact it is... You will run like 2x faster than you have ever ran in your life when you got people bearing down on you with a barrage of paintballs....

Like I walked into this 1 dude who was camping in a bush (lol).. He popped out, I saw him out of the corner of my eye *i was like ooo sh!t* I b-lined so fast the other way, he never hit me. lol

I really think he was using an exploit.....

p0werslave said:
I don't think that's true, getting knocked around wouldn't make such drastic consequences.

But yeah, I've seen some rugby games, brutal it is. As trotter once said, theres a reason the people in football wear pads.

Pads?? haha who needs them i was in second row and i never worried about them, but yes i dont think its tru either, it would make you stronger if anything??

Ulti_DOOM said:
Pads?? haha who needs them i was in second row and i never worried about them, but yes i dont think its tru either, it would make you stronger if anything??

With the amount of injuries sports produce these days, I doubt it would make you stronger, except mentally. I can garuntee I'm going to have problems along the road with my middle finger on my right hand. I fractured it in practice, and the swelling hasn't gone down at all for months. I've seen a doctor, there nothing they can do about it, but it doesn't hurt unless I do something, like bash it or any other miscillanious action that would put a high impact on it.

Pain motivates me in my sports though, gets me angry :mad: :mad: :mad:

If you get to pick, I suggest you try and stick with the D-Line. The play schemes are easier to learn than a linebacker position. Linebacks train all through high school and get on varsity their senior, MAYBE junior year. You have to know how to read every run scheme and act on it in a split second.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom