Play DivX flicks on a TV DVD player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
switch maybe your dvd burner needs a firmware update.

for me to burn divx or w/e to dvd i just use nero. it converts and burns on its own. only thing is that like a 700meg file will take up the whole 4.7 gigs on the dvd. i can rarely fit a whole movie on one dvd. and it takes frigging forever to convert and burn as well.. over an hour = forever. and its so cpu intensive you can't use your comp while its doing that.

I used to simply convert the divx files to MPEG1 and make true DVD's out of the files. Then I got to lazy and I simply use the TV out on my video card to watch the movie on tv if I want to see it away from my computer desk. Works great! Just wish I had a better TV!!!haha.

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
I tried using Nero to make an image of a VCD, but whenever i drop the flick onto the image, it says taht its over 750MB even if the actual avi is about 550MB. When i go to burn it, it takes forever for it to do anything.

after i would make the image i was thinking of using alcohol 120% to burn the image onto a DVD or CD because for some odd reason (even after reformatting) Nero won't see my DVD burner at all, Roxio will only see my DVD Burner as a CD burner, and Alcohol 120% is the only thing that will burn DVD's, but it only handles images. My DVD burner doesn't come with drivers because the windows drivers should work fine. I really have no idea why my DVD burner won't work.

Is ULEAD DVD factory free? if it is, i'll try it. what about winavi?

Avi's are compressed video files, while Dvd format, which is Mpeg2 is a larger (uncompressed?) format. It takes for ever because it has to transcode the video to Mpeg2. Basicly it is like converting a jpeg to bitmap in images. Ntsc dvd's run at 29.97fps so every fram has to be converted. On a fast computer, depending on the encoder, processor speed, size and quaility, they can encode to Mpeg at 50-150fps. So it might take half the length of the video or more to transcode a video.

WinAVI is not free either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom