Play DivX flicks on a TV DVD player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Switch

Fully Optimized
Does anyone know how i can get some of my DivX movies and burn them onto a DVD so they can play on my TV? I know that i can't just copy the mpeg stright over, so what would i need to do?

if your DVD player is DIVX enabled, you just place the MPG file right on a CD-R, and it will be DVD quality.

I have never tried burning DIVX's onto DVD, you can try doing that...

- Your DVD player has to be DIVX compatible to work with DIVX -

Most of the crappy Wal-Mart brand players can play anything you throw at them...including DIVX.

But i would recommend converting it to an AVI file, so you dont have to take chances with a DVD.

I use ULEAD DVD FACTORY. Early version of this program was cr@p. Any version after 3.5 or 4 is good.

It's rather user freindly. However it can take up to 12 hours to burn one disk.

Winavi 7 seems to work well and only takes like an out on a good pc (even with transcoding). I used to be a person who would use ffmpeg, dvd author, mjpegtools and a bunch of other stuff to make a dvd. It would take hours. Winavi only takes about 1 and is pretty good quaility.

I tried using Nero to make an image of a VCD, but whenever i drop the flick onto the image, it says taht its over 750MB even if the actual avi is about 550MB. When i go to burn it, it takes forever for it to do anything.

after i would make the image i was thinking of using alcohol 120% to burn the image onto a DVD or CD because for some odd reason (even after reformatting) Nero won't see my DVD burner at all, Roxio will only see my DVD Burner as a CD burner, and Alcohol 120% is the only thing that will burn DVD's, but it only handles images. My DVD burner doesn't come with drivers because the windows drivers should work fine. I really have no idea why my DVD burner won't work.

Is ULEAD DVD factory free? if it is, i'll try it. what about winavi?

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
Is ULEAD DVD factory free? if it is, i'll try it. what about winavi?
No. However you can get 14 day trials of the software.

Most video card with TV IN comes with a version of this software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom