pie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
Go to any major multi-billion dollar production company like jim henson or pixar or something and they won't be using macs.

LMAO!!

I beg to differ! Steve Jobs CREATED Pixar animation studios, so of course they use Macs! And, Jim Henson Studios is also clad with PowerMacs! Almost 90% of ALL major movie/video editing today is done with Macs! :laughing: You really don't see alot of PC's doing video editing because there is close to ZERO availability of powerful editing software for the PC platform. With the Mac platform, you have a plethora of choices, most of which are directly from Apple. Final Cut Pro 5, Soundtrack Pro, Motion 2, DVD Studio Pro 4, Aperture, Logic Pro, and Shake. This isn't even including the Third-Party vendors like Maya and Adobe.

Last time I checked jim henson were blatently talking about using AMD opterons on an OS they made specifically for the real time rendering of 3D puppets...that's a bad explination, but I'm talking about those ones where they work the puppets and it's immediately rendered on the screen. Unless macs suddenly started using AMD's recently, then currently some of their most advanced rendering is done on a PC, not a mac.

When the first final fantasy came out and they were talking about the behind the scenes crap going on, they never mentioned macs being the main powerhouses behind the rendering there.

That movie was also made using programs like lightwave, which incidedentally are both for mac or win and I would definitely consider that a powerful piece of software.

I give it to sound as any main studio or massive sound editing place, including the school I'm going to, will be using macs, but this whole deal behind "Macs are far superior for graphics" is BS.

Even if that is the case, it still goes without saying that any normal buyer need not waste money on their overpriced acid trip based design of a computer.

here is my music drive.

I cant download alot on it, cause its 75% full

E.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom