Picked up a Dogguh! Syberian Husky! (PICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
She's a year and a half old Husky I picked up from this lady. I have been working for my landscaper (the Co. that did my back yard) and we were working on this 60 y/o lady's yard. She's a nice lady and honestly, doesn't look a day older than 60. But she had me take her to go pick the dog up from the local animal control because the previous owner had, obviously, let the dog go. The lady said that she had to keep her in the back yard now because she was allergic to her fur and she couldn't breathe with the dog in the house. I talked with the lady for a little bit and told her that it isn't the best thing to keep the dog in the back yard (Glad I took the dog, we're working on the back yard and we have the back gate open a LOT and the dog would have gotten loose anyway).

So we went and picked the dog up and she let me have it that day. I went and got a grooming mit (the dog was shedding like MAD!!), some kibble and bowls and brushed it in the driveway even before I let it in the house, then went directly to the shower and gave it a good washin.

She's still a bit on the skinny side, but I'm working on that. She's really good with my cat, she's just curious. I've got a Dog Back Pack on the way so she will feel like she has a 'mission' when I walk her.. This is a working breed dog, so she needs it. She's a great dog when she's not hyper, when she's hyper she doesn't listen very well. She has all her shots and she's spayed!

A FREE husky! Can't beat that deal!!

dsc0001.jpg

dsc0002.jpg

dsc0003eql.jpg

She's not too bad so far.... as long as I keep up on her brushing.. I'm gonna pick up one of those Pledge pet hair things that's supposed to work a lot better than the lint rollers...

I've got a $1400 couch, and thank GOD she hasn't even THOUGHT about jumping up on it... That's MY lazy spot! LOL She 'claimed' the bed in the guest bedroom.. LOL she seems to like the mink cover I've got on there that I got in Saudi..

Oh man, hope she doesn't start taking to the couch haha.

My girlfriends dog used to jump on my couch all the time. And she feared men from her last environment... Needless to say she wound up peeing on everything in the house. Still have a scratch on my PS3 from that dog.

The only thing with him, you have to practice those techniques 24/7 with no relent. It has to be a constant practice... And it takes a LOT of patience.. That's one thing I realized with this dog, I think I was trying to accomplish too much at once. It definitely takes time..

^ oh, me neither.. You should see me in traffic!! And apparently, there is almost NO traffic in this area.. I get ticked if I have to wait more then 10 seconds to make a turn... Although, I CAN be patient at times, but it depends on the citation..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom