Photoshoppings scans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Threepwood

Daemon Poster
Does anyone know of a tutorial that would help me try to redraw scanned images in photoshop? I have the images scanned but I can't figure out how to get the image into photoshop easily without stretching it out all funny. Then once I do have it in I'd like to filter it or something so maybe I can just retouch the scan and not even have to actually redraw the whole thing in a different layer.

Basicly I'm completely noob at photoshop and can't figure out how to do most of the stuff, even copy and paste is difficult for me since it throws it into a new layer. Damned if I can figure out the cutter tools.

Edit: If you're wondering what I want to redraw it's the banner for my in development website.

I have the actual scan on the site now just for testing purposes, I'd like to redraw it and add colors and shading.

it's on www.thescurvyshack.com

Come on does no one know how to use photoshop well enough to redo a scanned image. I really need help but I cant find any tutorial with easily available relavent info. I don't feel like sifting through a 40 page document just to figure this out, anyone know?

what are you using to scan it? it shoudl save it as a JPG then you can open it in PS and edit it. Or you can save it as a PDF and do the same thing.......

I already have it scanned and can open it up in photoshop. The problem I'm having is whenever I try to get it into photoshop it ends up stretching the dimensions of the image to make it smaller. IE I dont know the right way to import an image.

Also I can't figure out how to filter out a color, I want to ditch the white in the image so that I can just fill in the letters with the dumper tool or something, and then add a background image underneath the text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom