Photo Shop Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
^i found it, but it was not there, it was under enhance, adjust colour, and adjust colour curves, im not sure if it what you meant, but i used it and it helps alot.

Here is the edited one with out adjustments with colour curves

her it is with the adjustments

I think it looks better ( the 2nd one in this post) although the edges seem weird....

Text takes practice. Starting out with a more exciting font helps a lot, but you can make Arial look good if you take the time. You might think a font looks boring without a drop shadow or emboss, but boring is better than overdone. I see text holding back the image much more often than being the best part... for this reason, I would focus on making the text decent and just not ruining everything else. Once you improve your use of renders you can start experimenting with text... but overdone text ruins a lot of images. I've seen it way too often on "professional web design" advertisements... their banner ads just have awful text and look like crap, which makes me question how good their actual services are.
Agreed; simple text is sometimes the best text. It's also good practice to blend your text in if you're just adding your username on it, if it's just for a tag. Don't make the text standout (which can make it look worse sometimes)

Edit: I didn't notice this at first, but here's something you can improve with the stalker sig. It looks like you were going for the "pop-out" look.

Gotta love pop-out sigs heh...kinda like the one I have now...this one I made quite a while ago is one of my fav's tho:

868fbbr.png

(Yes, another Carnage themed one...big surprise :p).

Edit: the above tag looks better on a dark bg...because on a light/white bg, you can't tell that the 'carnageX' text has a reflection effect on it.

Edit2: Here it is w/ a black bg:
k14fn6.jpg

carnage, i love your 1st one with the transparent background, looks sweet

i would like to see that one without the half-heads on the end!

nice work

edit: this one

868fbbr.png

Yeah that looks amazing... but same deal as I said before... the half heads make it seem like there should be a border that isn't there.

What version are you using? It's under image -> adjustments
The auto ones help a bit, but you can do better on your own.

The second one you posted is much better. I would have his arm go behind the border on the right side, to match the render on the left. Text needs work. Less stroke or put a subtle glow.

elements 5.0

i didn't do any stroke's (what ever that means,) on the text.

mate, im a newb to photoshop. How doi do a subtle glow?

I don't know anything about adobe elements... is there a way to go into blending options on a layer and apply an "outer glow"?

What's that black stuff around the text? looks like a stroke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom