phonex lander new mission to mars lands in 4 min

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kharn

Lord Techie,
Hey guys some of you might be aware that phenox lands on mars today, in around the next 4 min. I will keep you updated but basicly its there to search for life in the polar ice cap of mars.

Nasa has confirmed that it's arrived safely an they have received telemitery from the lander, Good Job Nasa. Now the hunt for life no mater how basic has begun.

Were you getting this info from. I had no idea this was happening.

I'd lol if the first picture sent back was a load of aliens playing with holographic cards :)

i Lol'd

''it has reached its destination at a fuel economy of two million miles to the gallon''

I'd lol if the first picture sent back was a load of aliens playing with holographic cards :)

Don't you know. It's a group of aliens with a Epson Printer frantically printing out images of a barrin mars land scape and then putting these images directly in front of the phonex lander's camera, thus hiding the big martain city in the back ground.

SRLY, there was an epson ad doing that and making fun of the Mars Polare Lander.

I missed out on it, too. I saw it a little while ago on Yahoo when I was checking my email.

230093main_SS000EFF896228773_10CA8R8M1_8877_516-387.jpg

This image, one of the first captured by NASA's Phoenix Mars Lander, shows the vast plains of the northern polar region of Mars. The flat landscape is strewn with tiny pebbles and shows polygonal cracking, a pattern seen widely in Martian high latitudes and also observed in permafrost terrains on Earth. The polygonal cracking is believed to have resulted from seasonal freezing and thawing of surface ice.

Phoenix touched down on the Red Planet at 4:53 p.m. Pacific Time (7:53 Eastern Time), May 25, 2008, in an arctic region called Vastitas Borealis, at 68 degrees north latitude, 234 degrees east longitude.

This image was taken shortly after landing by the spacecraft's Surface Stereo Imager.

Image an text owned by NASA/JPL-Caltech/University of Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom