Which phone should I get? \ Anyone have one of these phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dario03

Fully Optimized
I'm trying to figure out which T-mobile ready phone I should get so I was wondering what you guys would pick. Or if anyone has used any of these phones?

I can't really find what I want which is a flip phone with a decent camera (3mp or higher), mp3 with standard headphone jack, ability to run little programs wold be nice to. So I kind of just picked out some phones that come close.

Walmart Connection Center - Compare Cell Phone Prices, Free Cell Phones, Cell Phone plans, Research Cellular Phones, Cell Phone Accessories. Get the Best Cellular Phone Deals Here!

Motorola Rokr
Motorola Zine
Nokia 5610
Samsung Behold
Samsung Memoir
Blackberry Pearl flip 8220
G1

So I have a pretty varied selection here but personally what would you pick? Or does anyone have experience with these phones?

I was leaning toward the Blackberry since its a flip phone but its camera doesn't seem to great. The Zine has a great camera but isn't a flip. The Nokia seems decent. The Behold, Memoir and especially the G1 has a lot of stuff but I'm afraid I would mess the screen up on them.

Also is anyone familiar with the Tmobile trade up program? It mentions that you can trade in your phone for a minimum of $50 as long as its in good shape. Does anyone know if any phone qualifies or do they have to be newer? My phone works fine but its old with very few features.

Edit: I didn't even see we had a phone section...

As long as they are not powered via windows mobile 6 or 6.1, they care okay in my books.

<--- Has a mobile phone with Windows Mobile 6 and having lots of issues.

G1 is a techies phone through and through as it allows for self-built apps.
Earlier renditions by samsung for touchscreens had calibration issues and were not very intuitive with the interface
Blackberry has the stigma in my mind of being a business phone
IMO motorolas latest phones (last 2 years) are ugly
Nokia 5610 is just weird I don't really like it but neither do I dislike it

I have the samsung M8800 also known as the pixon

The G1 is a great phone I am just waiting for the contract on my crackberry to run out and I will be buying one, apparently it works flawlessly with BSD operating systems.

Yeh, i've gone through 3 phones since the iPhone came out. Every time i pick up the iphone i wish i had it, so many useful apps and it doubles up as an ipod. and wow it's one sexy phone. Although, if you're someone who drops there phone alot don't get one.

Don't get the LG Viewty, i had one, it's the worst phone ever.

My sister loves Nokia's, but something always seems to go wrong with them, like the keypad not working etc.

The best phone i ever had was the Sony Ericsson K800i, i am sure Sony's other phones out now are better but that was my first sony phone and i wish i still had it to this day. Brilliant thing, never broke, did what i expected it to do (unlike motorolas).

But yeh, if you can afford the iPhone..get one.

I can't really find what I want which is a flip phone with a decent camera (3mp or higher), mp3 with standard headphone jack, ability to run little programs wold be nice to. So I kind of just picked out some phones that come close.

You want to be careful about what you consider as a "good camera", pixels aren't everything.
I have a 5mp camera on my phone (Samsung G600), but when i was on my friends Sony Ericsson his 3.2mp looked far better

That said, the g600 is a very nice phone

Great responses guys keep them coming. I think if I can figure out if my phone qualifies for the trade up program I might grab the G1. Its actually more phone than I need but if I can get it for $50 maybe I will. But I'm wondering can I get a G1 without the data plan???

So far on G1-forum.com I found a few threads saying you couldn't but one saying you could by simply ordering the plan and then canceling next month. I would be ok with just using wifi connection for internet as long as I can make calls and don't want to spend $25/month for the data plan.

I'm still considering the other phones though. I don't think I will get a iphone since I'd have to buy a unlocked one and I assume thats costly. Besides the Memoir (which just became very costly) all the other ones would come with money back from rebates. Also anyone know the cheapest place to get the phones? Walmart has actually been the cheapest I found but they seem to change the prices randomly. Like 30 minutes ago I could swear the Behold came with some money back and now its just free after rebate and the G1 just jumped up $150 in price.

I am aware that more MP on a camera don't mean better camera but theres not much info to go on for camera phones. I did read reviews for each phone and the Zine and Memoir do have very good cameras as far as phones go. I heard the G1 camera is decent which is good enough.

But if I don't get a G1... What would you guys pick between the Behold and the Blackberry pearl flip?

If you don't mind not having the google marketplace thing for applications you can buy a developer version of the G1 an it will work on anynetwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom