Peter Brock killed in Car Accident - Not a good week for Aussie Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
http://www.sportal.com.au/motorsport.asp?i=news&id=87971
Australian racing legend Peter Brock has died in a racing car accident in Western Australia, WA Police have confirmed.

Sky News reported Brock crashed into a tree while competing in the Targa West Rally.

The 61-year-old was a lead driver for the Holden Dealer Team for three decades, winning the Bathurst 1000 nine times from 30 starts during his career.

Brock's work with Holden helped him dominate Australian motorsport through the 1980s, producing several modifications to his Commomodore between 1980 and 1988 that helped him claim six Bathurst 1000s in seven years from 1979.

His legendary victory in 1979 saw win by a record six laps, while he also won one Bathurst 24-hour event.

Brock retired from racing in 1997, though he made two returns to Bathurst in 2002 and 2004.

Since retirement Brock has also become a regular media personality, appearing in several New Zealand motoring shows and television commercials for Mobil and Bridgestone.

Brock re-entered top level racing with 'Team Brock' in the 2002 V8 Supercar series, but sold his share in 2003.

Throughout his time away from top level racing Brock has continued to race privately and entered the Nations Cup in 2004 for highly modified cars.

Rather sad to see another Aussie celebrity die doing what they loved.

Rest In Peace - Peter Brock.

Shame, he was a good man. **** we Aussies have had a bad week this week!

he won a total of 9 Bathhurst 1000's and was one of, if not the greatest Australian Racecar driver ever. Again Like Steeve Irwin he died doing what he loved...

RIP Peter 26th Feb 1945 - 8th september 2006

Jake

you know what they say.....death comes in 3's.......so expect another aussie to fall soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom