People who post nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrZucchiniHead

Daemon Poster
there are approx 32000 people that have a membership to these forums and more than 75% of those people have only about 1-10 posts. i think something should be done about these people but i dont know what cause i have a horrible headache and cant think straight im gonna go take 2 advil's and lay down.

what do you think should be done.

nothing, most just had a single issue and got it resolved.
they may come back if they have more problems

They should be hunted down and shot. :p

Really nothing should be done. More members (even if they dont do sh1t) looks better. :D

but most things they ask can just be googled and they're reatards for not doing that in the first place.

the process os posting on forums. (exept for off topic thing and opinions)

1. google it
2. ask someone you know unless its too much of a hassle
3. look at your problem and try to figure it out one more time
4. search it on wikipedia.org (i totally forgot about wiki)
5. finally post it on the forums

unless your gonna post at least once a week its kinda useless thats why i like the function some forums have as logging in as "guest"

They should be hunted down and shot.

Really nothing should be done. More members (even if they dont do sh1t) looks better.

good point they should only be shot in the foot and then thank them for making the forums look a little better.

that would be weird having a guy knock on your door, shoot you in the foor with a 223. rifle then thanking you.

"People who post to say 'Hi' should be assasinated..."

Have you ever thought about trying medical marijuana? anyway, i've said this soo many times before, these people's accounts should be erased, if they've been gone for at least 3 months. when people sign up for an account, that should be in a disclaimer.

Even if they've asked a question, or made a thread that has been sugnificantly replied to, every post and every account should be erased. :snob::cool:

MrZucchiniHead said:
but most things they ask can just be googled and they're reatards for not doing that in the first place.

the process os posting on forums. (exept for off topic thing and opinions)

1. google it
2. ask someone you know unless its too much of a hassle
3. look at your problem and try to figure it out one more time
4. finally post it on the forums

Exactly, most people problem can be solve by google if they gave it some effort to do their own homework. You hardly see me on this forum asking for help.

ATIRAGEPRO said:
Have you ever thought about trying medical marijuana? anyway, i've said this soo many times before, these people's accounts should be erased, if they've been gone for at least 3 months. when people sign up for an account, that should be in a disclaimer.

Nah, I was gone for a couple of month. Don't want to lose my screen name. It's not like the server will run out of space...

BTW don't you have to sign up to post on this forum anyways?

Re: "People who post to say 'Hi' should be assasinated..."

ATIRAGEPRO said:
Even if they've asked a question, or made a thread that has been sugnificantly replied to, every post and every account should be erased. :snob::cool:
I disagree. even if the person only posts for a short time, the posts should stay here for reference
1. because that makes TF a better source of information
2. to reduce the amount of posts that keep asking the same question.

that's why many members (including myself) have a search function in their sig.

I agree that a lot of questions asked can be found using google, however some issues may not have a straight forward solution, and some may not have been covered before.

and often the reason people come here is because they have googled for the answer

at least moderators keep the forums clean, unlike other forums like vwvortex when people just do sh*t replies like "bump" ,"morning bump" "evening bump" etc. its a little annoying and completely useless. which makes for alot of d*mn scrolling

One forum I belong to prunes their members' list every few months. Any account that has been innactive for six months or more is pruned/killed. The posts of that user remain, but their status is listed as Unregistered.

I know that this particular forum uses a different program to run its board, but I don't remember which one... so I don't know if pruning the rolls would be feasible here on TF or not.

I say let them be. They may come back with issues in the future, and besides, they arent hurting anybody. I discovered TF via Google myself. I was googling a tech question, and the first or second hit was a TF thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom