Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maxtor® DiamondMax

• Western Digital® Caviar

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the only people that start these arguments are PC users. Mac users don't need to argue their point because they already have a Mac.

-Think Differen't

RyansTech said:
the only people that start these arguments are PC users. Mac users don't need to argue their point because they already have a Mac.

-Think Differen't

Either that or they can't get on the internet.......

blankbandit said:
once upon a time macs were great for multimedia and pcs just didnt' hack it. now, pcs are neck in neck w/ macs if not already surpassed them in their capabilities for audio (editing) and video. so why the hell do u need a mac for?

the US standard for audio editing is pro tools, which is a mac app (plus lots of expensive proprietary hardware)
:confused:

Seriously.....if you really need to know.....do a Search. And thanks to modemide and the search tool (and Em who rescripted the search tool) you can search right in our signatures......well, most of ours. ;) All this does is create a worthless thread that will never die...... ok, ok......some people like Macs and some people like PCs. It will always be this way. These threads just become flame wars (and a poor excuse for a flame war too! Just look at some of these one-line comebacks... ;) ) Anyway......you have just proven the point too as the war just started 2 posts into the initial post......
If you want a poll.....I got one for you. Pop-Tarts vs. Toaster Strudels. Now THERE's the age-old question!

I mean....damn....I love me some Brown Sugar frosting..........but, then again, I can really get down with some of that creamy frosting too... :confused:

I know that sounds a little goofy, but after a while......so do these threads.....

-Mike

not another one!!
I like Mac's better: I could post all my reasons for it, and I could counter all you PC fan's posts too, but there is no point!!!
as a computer nerd I know that:

1. it would just end up with people flaming each other
2. it's a waste of time
3. it will go nowhere

all I'm going to say is:
to us Mac lovers, popularity isn't all.

I have a PC, but I would have my own Mac if I had the money - I'm 15 and I work at a McDonalds

apokalipse said:
not another one!!
I like Mac's better: I could post all my reasons for it, and I could counter all you PC fan's posts too, but there is no point!!!
as a computer nerd I know that:

1. it would just end up with people flaming each other
2. it's a waste of time
3. it will go nowhere

all I'm going to say is:
to us Mac lovers, popularity isn't all.

I have a PC, but I would have my own Mac if I had the money - I'm 15 and I work at a McDonalds

Popularity shows what is preferred among more users and nerds. You are the first Mac nerd I have ever meet. Everyone I know refuses to use a Mac. Also as a nerd you should know your post would just produce more responses that qualify to be on your list. I am 19, and I spend 8-10 hours a day on my pc 7 days a week. I have been for the past 6.5 years.

I posted above to try and get a mod to lock this thread...
believe me when I say I have my reasons for preferring Mac's better, and I do have strict judgement on a lot of things
for example: I used to like Intel better than AMD until the athlon 64 chips came out
the 3400+ can outperform a P4EE, process 64-bit and is half the price
I used to like P4's better becaue they performed better than the Athlon XP's, despite the P4's bigger price... in a lot of cases, you get what you pay for, although there are some exceptions..... like my above example of Athlon 64's
IMO you pay a lot for a Macintosh because in return you get what I and others believe to be a superior system, and I think what turned people off Mac's is the higher price

ahhh...... I won't go any further

"Enter the MACINTOSH"

Your kidding. Right?

Seriously though. PCs Suck! I could post all the reasons why, But apparently; I donÂ’t know where to start! There is literally at least 50 different problems PCs have on a daily basses. And when they crash, they BURN!

Take it from me. I fix both platforms for a living. And Macs are relatively easier to fix because their operating system isn't made up of as many files as a PCs.

Believe meÂ… Macs are seriously worth the money.:cool:

Re: "Enter the MACINTOSH"

ATIRAGEPRO said:
Your kidding. Right?

Seriously though. PCs Suck! I could post all the reasons why, But apparently; I donÂ’t know where to start! There is literally at least 50 different problems PCs have on a daily basses. And when they crash, they BURN!

Take it from me. I fix both platforms for a living. And Macs are relatively easier to fix because their operating system isn't made up of as many files as a PCs.

Believe meÂ… Macs are seriously worth the money.:cool:

So your saying what makes a Mac is the operating system. In which case you just load a copy of UNIX onto the system and oh look at that its now a Mac by your standards. I seriously wouldn't use a Mac if it were the best and if it was given to me for free. To me they are toys, and hence why you never see them in business. Also its not about the quantity of files, its about the quality. If Microsoft knew what they were doing pcs would have very few problems. If pcs suck then why don't you tell the governments around the world to stop building pc based super computers... Also when pcs had a price tag of $10,000 people where still buying them over Macs.

apokalipse said:
I posted above to try and get a mod to lock this thread...
believe me when I say I have my reasons for preferring Mac's better, and I do have strict judgement on a lot of things
for example: I used to like Intel better than AMD until the athlon 64 chips came out
the 3400+ can outperform a P4EE, process 64-bit and is half the price
I used to like P4's better becaue they performed better than the Athlon XP's, despite the P4's bigger price... in a lot of cases, you get what you pay for, although there are some exceptions..... like my above example of Athlon 64's
IMO you pay a lot for a Macintosh because in return you get what I and others believe to be a superior system, and I think what turned people off Mac's is the higher price

ahhh...... I won't go any further

I have seen Mac's crash, just as pcs. The problem comes down to complex computer circuitry. Visa versa if the hardware sucks then the software wont perform correctly, no matter how well it was written. It appears that you have chosen bad brands to go with if you are having so many troubles with pcs. Also why are you using windows xp. You claim to know computer systems so well, yet you use something that is guaranteed to cause problems.

Also:
PCs are currently faster than Macs. One p4 can easily beat a dual G5 system. As one example to many:
http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=7-6451-6410

I believe the pc outperformed the Mac on 58 bench-press tests out of a total of 77. And no Macs do not cost more than pcs. They might if you buy cheap hardware for your pc. As an example I paid well over $3000 USD for my dual p3 system when everything was done and built. I don't even think that bench-press included the prescott based p4....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom