PC Uptime

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean this window?

vpn_run.jpg

TheMajor said:
What else do you need?
My machine boots to a login prompt, and when I leave it I log out, thus the logon time is a pretty useless indicator of the computers uptime. Do you know that the original poster logs on automatically and the logon time is pretty much the same as the boot time?

TheMajor said:
The pagefile gets modified all the time
Thats true, but the modified and access time remains the time it was first accessed/modified at boot it seems. I know many scripts that rely on the modified time of the pagefile.sys file for boot time, probably many uptime utilities do the same.

TheMajor said:
I open up CMD.
Typed in "systeminfo".
And this is what I get.
It says "Loading info about operating system in memory ..."
"Error: Error loading provider."

systeminfo8mt.png

Ahhhh....Windows XP even too.....hmmmm

I'm not 100%, however I remember systeminfo being available in Windows 2000...however it just didn't work correctly 99% of the time. It was completely fixed in XP.

I thought about your error this morning a little bit while driving and came to the conclusion that you were probably using 2000. However, that doesn't seem to be the case know does it? hehe. I know this probably isn't a big deal for you....but for S & Gs try to run it from a networked client to see if you get the same results over the network.

Just curious.... interesting

mikesgroovin said:
Ahhhh....Windows XP even too.....hmmmm

I'm not 100%, however I remember systeminfo being available in Windows 2000...however it just didn't work correctly 99% of the time. It was completely fixed in XP.

I thought about your error this morning a little bit while driving and came to the conclusion that you were probably using 2000. However, that doesn't seem to be the case know does it? hehe. I know this probably isn't a big deal for you....but for S & Gs try to run it from a networked client to see if you get the same results over the network.

Just curious.... interesting

How do I go about that?

use the /s switch and the node name

Ex: systeminfo /s computername

(Username and password specific on the remote node)

Gives me an error saying the remote computer should have XP or higher. Both computers are XP, same edition. Weird.

Well, that explains why you are getting the error locally too...interesting. So, it doesn't think it's XP for some reason. Even though, clearly by your screen shot it's 5.1.2600.

mikesgroovin said:
Well, that explains why you are getting the error locally too...interesting. So, it doesn't think it's XP for some reason. Even though, clearly by your screen shot it's 5.1.2600.

I even installed using the same disc.
There's only a few differences. Themes service is disabled on MMX, messenger service disabled, and it uses default TNT2 graphics drivers included with XP. Afaik I have all hotfixes installed on both systems. No service packs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom