PC Uptime

Status
Not open for further replies.
That only shows the date the current user logged on, for me at least anyway.

Without a program you can check the modified time of C:\pagefile.sys, that is normally the time the computer booted up

using a (non third-party) program

In command prompt run:
Code:
systeminfo

philg said:
That only shows the date the current user logged on, for me at least anyway.

Without a program you can check the modified time of C:\pagefile.sys, that is normally the time the computer booted up

What else do you need?
The pagefile gets modified all the time, and the CTRL-ALT-DEL method is easier and faster.

Normally my network up time as my computer automatically connect to the network when I turn it on. I have no reason to take my computer off the network.

For Windows, "systeminfo" when a command prompt is open, is the most accurate time. The pagefile is being updated more than one would think and the System Idle Process will become more inaccurate the longer the amount of time the computer is turned on for.
Systeminfo can also be done over a network.

I know that 3rd party applications were a little out of the question. But, if I can dig it up, I'll post a link to a little program I made that when used just uses systeminfo either locally or over a network and then saves the results to a specified folder and also pulls the results to the screen using notepad.

Is that the first thing that you get when a command window is open already before typing 'systeminfo'? interesting. Could be locating an error when attempting to post the details about a NIC.

I open up CMD.
Typed in "systeminfo".
And this is what I get.
It says "Loading info about operating system in memory ..."
"Error: Error loading provider."

systeminfo8mt.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom