PC/Tech mags

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdansjr

In Runtime
So my wife wants to get me a magazine subscription for my birthday. I was thinking of a pc magazine, maybe pc world. I'm not saying i'm getting that, I'm just asking if it's a good mag or what are the good mags out there if there are any reguarding PCs/technology.

Maximum PC is better. PC mag and PC world are more for PC newbies. Max PC is one of the enthusiast targetted magazine.

I already get Maxim and Mens health....i'll look into maxium PC. I'm not too much of a newbie...well who am i kidding...i am kinda a newbie, i know some, but i'm trying to know as much as possible.

Then you want max PC. PC World and PC mag are for people who dont want to go that deep in, but want to keep up on the latest stuff comming out. If you are a gamer, then you will not be pleased with PC World and PC mag because they focus very little on the gaming aspect of it. Its more photos and video editing, as well as MS and OS news.

I receive all of these subscritions, hopefully this will help:
PC Gamer- Used to really like it, now layout sucks and reads kinda crappy. More emphasis on flash and game previews, not enough on games themselves and very little on hardware anymore.
Maximum PC- Just signed up, excellent mag (sister of PC Gamer). Much more emphasis on technology and hardware
PC World/PC Mag-Kinda for n00bs or people who want to think they know a lot but really don't. Not bad for comparison shopping but they love crappy brands like Acer and Emachine, and that generic Fry Computer brand. Also, as Beed said, lots of emphasis on applications rather than raw hardware and games. Individual components are rarely looked up, it's always prebuilt stuff.
Computer Gaming World-Great gaming magazine, my dad turned me on to it after he quit getting PC Gamer. Basically what PC Gamer should be imo. Lots of great articles/reviews/news. Not as many exclusives as PCG tho, that's why I get them both still.

CPU magazine.....Computer Power User....it is a decent mag. I know alot people dont care for the format but I really like it. I have the september issue in a PDF file if you want to review it.

EDIT: ^^ not sure if this violates any rules if it does, I apologize.

how much is a year of maximum PC, my dad gets pc world, and it's helped him somewhat, but i need something better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom