Paypal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, looked it up, there's no fees for sending money...

For recieving money, there's a 4.9% fee, plus 30 cents... But that's only if the person pays you by Debit, and not by Paypal. Recieving direct from Paypal is free, from what this says...

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees-outside

EDIT: Btw, I went to Bank Of Montreal, they gave me a FREE Plus Banking Plan, since I'm a student. 30 transactions per month, no fees at all :)

I love PayPal! It beats having to wait for checks or money orders to arrive!!

WorldIndustries said:
I might actually sign up with Paypal... Kinda' getting tired of writing money orders all the time, and things take twice as long to recieve because of it... Anyone have any bad experiences with them?

HAH try and find somebody who HASNT had problems with paypal -

one time, a buyer refused to pay postal insurance - and their item was broken in the post - and they opened a payapl dispute - i told paypal that it was packed very well and they refused to pay for insurance -

and paypal still gave them a refund (plus postage!!!) so i ended up losing about £20 because of them

thats one story of about 5 bad experiences with paypal

Snake-Eyes said:
The only problem i have with Paypal is the fee. Something like two bucks per transaction (Paypal to Paypal, i believe), so it sucks big time for small amounts of money (< $10).

it takes a percent of how much you are sent - not a fixed rate...

if somebody sends you £1 - it takes £0.23p

if you wend £100 - it takes £2.30

ect...................

Yeah, I signed up via my bank account today... They have a weird way of validating though. They make two deposits into your bank account, of so many cents... And you tell them how many cents they deposited to become verified. :rolleyes:

yea its a bit sketchy how they do that -

i would have thought they would have just checked with the bank -

that is one crap thing though - if you WIN a dispute...and the person doesnt have money in their acount YOUR SCREWED

I won't even deal with sellers that don't accept paypal, not because of the inconvenience factor. As a buyer I've been burned more in MO, then with paypal. If they never ship with a MO all you can do is write a neg, if they never ship with paypal then you can at least get that account shutdown.

Sui said:
I won't even deal with sellers that don't accept paypal, not because of the inconvenience factor. As a buyer I've been burned more in MO, then with paypal. If they never ship with a MO all you can do is write a neg, if they never ship with paypal then you can at least get that account shutdown.

they dont shut your account - or send you ''threats'' that somebody said earlyer

and any idiot can just make a new account....lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom