Paypal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldIndustries

Daemon Poster
I might actually sign up with Paypal... Kinda' getting tired of writing money orders all the time, and things take twice as long to recieve because of it... Anyone have any bad experiences with them?

I've been using paypal for a while now, and im happy to say I haven't had any problems with it. The time it takes for your money to clear depends on how you set up your account, either credit card or bank account transfer, the last time i bought something it took 6 days for the money to get cleared from my account... but i wrote an e-check.. it might be different with a credit card... I haven't tried it yet.

I haven't had any problems with them, either, but I know some TF members have. Paypal is almost instant when using a credit/debit card.

Yeah, I'm going to set it up to withdrawl from my debit card... Just to be on the safe side, I'm getting a seperate debit card and account from my normal savings for college.

+1 Never had any issues. I had a problem with a seller not sending my item, opened a dispute with paypal, the guy never responded, so paypal took over and he shipped next day. The obviously called and threatened him.

Completely secure and safe.

Crysalis said:
+1 Never had any issues. I had a problem with a seller not sending my item, opened a dispute with paypal, the guy never responded, so paypal took over and he shipped next day. The obviously called and threatened him.

Completely secure and safe.

same here

The only problem i have with Paypal is the fee. Something like two bucks per transaction (Paypal to Paypal, i believe), so it sucks big time for small amounts of money (< $10).

I had a problem once, the only time I've used PayPal. I sent money to a guy (from TF) for an LCD and he never sent the LCD. I then turned around and contacted Paypal and whatnot. They spent some time checking it out and determined that he was in fact scamming me and would try to get my money back. They then sent me another email saying that they wont be able to get my money back because there wasnt any money in his account to take it out of. So be wary, there are things they can do but if the seller is smart enough and takes the money out of their account first, paypal cant do jack.

I'm going to start an account (most likely tonight) for my ebay transactions. I too am getting tired of sending MOs.

yeah .. but what do you expect? If the guy has no money in his account ... they are not going to pay you.

If it didnt work like that than you could just send your friend money, get him to withdraw it and then get the money back from paypal.

The fees are a service charge, not insurance. And paypal will take action if the person has money in their account, plus i think they lock the account until the issue is resolved.

Also, i dont think there is a fee if you are sending money, you only get charged if you receive money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom