Pat Tillman

Status
Not open for further replies.

anarchy

Daemon Poster
I don't know if you guys watch ESPN, but there is a memorial service on right now for ex-football player, Pat Tillman.

Well, if you guys don't know what the story is, Pat Tillman was a football player who turned down 3.8 million dollars to serve his term in the army as a Ranger. He signed up for three years and could of very very easily ended his term short to take 3.8 million dollars. Well, as you probably predicted, he was shot down in Iraq no longer than a week ago. Listening to some of the stories told by family members is goose-bump worthy, like this one:

His sister was giving birth to her 2nd child. Pat, was at a mini-camp for football. They thought he was in Arizona. Well, shortly after the birth, and the couple is holding their baby, they heard, "Every day is like sunday baby!!!!!". Then the door busts open, scares the shit out of everyone in the delivery room and gives his sister and brother-in-law a huge hug(all sweaty and tired).

Most of you picture football players as big jock dumbasses. This guy was the absolute opposite. Search for him on Google, he is inspiring.

g_tillman_i.jpg

Yea what happened to him was really sad and it got to me more than any of the iraq stories have so far, what he did was really noble and im sure he will always be remembered for it. by the way after your comment i started thinking i hope people in my school dont picture me as a big jock dumbass! :confused:

DyNaStY336 said:
by the way after your comment i started thinking i hope people in my school dont picture me as a big jock dumbass! :confused:

I hear ya man. What sports do you play?

P.S. I didnt mean everyone thinks that, I just meant some.

That happens - American hero though. I think a lot of the people that are against the war and unwilling to fight for something like our freedom have obviously not read about third world countries or the like.

I'm not a sports person AT ALL (I've had two foot surgeries, one of which I'm still recovering from) but still, damn good dude.

anarchy said:
I hear ya man. What sports do you play?

P.S. I didnt mean everyone thinks that, I just meant some.

I play football at Broadneck High School in Annapolis Maryland. We went undefeated 13-0 up until the championship game which was played in the ravens stadium, where we were beaten by Damascus High School. 13 strait wins and 5 shut-outs was a new anna arundel county record :D and we received a lot of awards like best team of the year, county champs, and regional champs. but sadly about a week ago there was a residency issue discovered where one of our reserve players parents had moved outside of the broadneck area so then the player moved in with a teamate to stay in the area. Unfortunately for us the rules in anne arundel county are you must live with a legal guardian to play any sports so the penalty we received was being stripped of all our victories, No more team of the year, no more county champs, no more regional champs, no record setting 13-1 season, and worst of our coaches 100th win was erased from the records b/c it happened this season too :( . i bet you didnte expect such a long reply huh anarchy lol

Yeap Trust me i know but were about to have another hearing for an appeal so hopefully that goes our way.

I think a lot of the people that are against the war and unwilling to fight for something like our freedom have obviously not read about third world countries or the like.
Er... I lived in a third world country for 2 years and I'm against the war. :freak:

DyNaStY336 said:
I play football at Broadneck High School in Annapolis Maryland. We went undefeated 13-0 up until the championship game which was played in the ravens stadium, where we were beaten by Damascus High School. 13 strait wins and 5 shut-outs was a new anna arundel county record :D and we received a lot of awards like best team of the year, county champs, and regional champs. but sadly about a week ago there was a residency issue discovered where one of our reserve players parents had moved outside of the broadneck area so then the player moved in with a teamate to stay in the area. Unfortunately for us the rules in anne arundel county are you must live with a legal guardian to play any sports so the penalty we received was being stripped of all our victories, No more team of the year, no more county champs, no more regional champs, no record setting 13-1 season, and worst of our coaches 100th win was erased from the records b/c it happened this season too :( . i bet you didnte expect such a long reply huh anarchy lol

Ya man, that sucks. My season was similar. 14-0. CIF(California Inter-Scholastic Federation) Div IV Champs. All 11 starters on defense got college scholarships. Search Google for "Jimmy Miller westlake" and you'll see our star player. Our tight end (Jimmy) and WR (Michael Stuart) are both getting full rides to USC. My high school, Westlake High was rated #1 in the power ratings at Rivals.com. (Edit: IN THE NATION)

Er... I lived in a third world country for 2 years and I'm against the war.

Where is the 2nd world, or 1st world?:p

Edit: GOD DAMNIT I LOVE GOOGLE, Dynasty, here ya go: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...097.story?coll=bal-sports-headlines&track=rss

Emily said:
Er... I lived in a third world country for 2 years and I'm against the war. :freak:

Yea, I have to agree Emily (Can I call you Em?....thats what I call my sister.....not that you are my sister.....but.....forget it....Can I call you Em??? LOL! ;) )
Yea, anyway, I don't think it has anything to do with where you might have lived. I realized that about 5 or 6 years ago, a lot of countries didn't like the US very much. Now we have newly acquired hatred! It was getting old anyway, right? We give other countries the freedom.........to do what we think that they should do. Period! Geeezz......I really hope that someone doesn't get elected this year. I may have to move a little further up north! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom