Parents of TF

It's illegal for religion to be a part of public schools here. I don't know of any religious public schools, but he won't be going to such a place. Mariah was brought up in a Christian private school and was so sheltered I actually had to teach her a lot of things myself. Of course, half of that was the parenting, but she also couldn't bring up the questions from school.

I'm sure the actual education practice is higher than the standard of public schools, but I'm trying to get a grasp from actual experienced people on the matter in all areas, and if it's actually worth the cost. Being a public school person I have a certain edge towards paying for school when I know a ton of people including myself who are bright enough. Personally I look back (as well as a bunch of friends public and private) and think it was all a bunch of BS. I didn't hate school, but think over half of it was rather stupid and still do.

(I should mention here, in high school I was a straight A band student)

It's illegal for religion to be a part of public schools here. I don't know of any religious public schools, but he won't be going to such a place. Mariah was brought up in a Christian private school and was so sheltered I actually had to teach her a lot of things myself. Of course, half of that was the parenting, but she also couldn't bring up the questions from school.

I'm sure the actual education practice is higher than the standard of public schools, but I'm trying to get a grasp from actual experienced people on the matter in all areas, and if it's actually worth the cost. Being a public school person I have a certain edge towards paying for school when I know a ton of people including myself who are bright enough. Personally I look back (as well as a bunch of friends public and private) and think it was all a bunch of BS. I didn't hate school, but think over half of it was rather stupid and still do.

(I should mention here, in high school I was a straight A band student)

Hmm I don't know why this topic is abit too touchy but I agree with trotter and 2 others here.
Send your kid to public schools, reinforce whatever work, homework he may get.
Make the kid read, limit the gaming to a certain degree and he'll be fine/
If you're worried about the safety of your child, refresh yourself with current news/policy and official state reviews of that school your sending him too.

If over time it takes a toll on his mentality and he has done nothing to bring it upon himself, take him out of the school if necessary.
Home school him abit if you have the time and you're not employed.

By looking at the image I had a good laugh, not because of the *******s below it. Just seing the work and the kid at the end of the work sheet question saying forget this was classic in my books. :)

Hmm I don't know why this topic is abit too touchy but I agree with trotter and 2 others here.
Send your kid to public schools, reinforce whatever work, homework he may get.
Make the kid read, limit the gaming to a certain degree and he'll be fine/
If you're worried about the safety of your child, refresh yourself with current news/policy and official state reviews of that school your sending him too.

If over time it takes a toll on his mentality and he has done nothing to bring it upon himself, take him out of the school if necessary.
Home school him abit if you have the time and you're not employed.

By looking at the image I had a good laugh, not because of the *******s below it. Just seing the work and the kid at the end of the work sheet question saying forget this was classic in my books. :)
My parents didn't limit my gaming unless I was in trouble or it was bed time. It's my opinion that my interest in electronics/computers and gaming kept me out of trouble where my other friends had no hobbies and started getting into some serious stuff. For this reason, I'm going to do the same with him but he isn't allowed to play WoW lol.

My parents didn't limit my gaming unless I was in trouble or it was bed time. It's my opinion that my interest in electronics/computers and gaming kept me out of trouble where my other friends had no hobbies and started getting into some serious stuff. For this reason, I'm going to do the same with him but he isn't allowed to play WoW lol.

Well keep in mind what I said not saying gaming has to be a special treat to get, just limit how much button mashing he does.
Reason I say this if gaming becomes too much of a problem during his school years his grades will drop slowly.
Seen it happen been down that road once or twice, my mother took my consoles and slam the thing inside her trunk. :/

I was lucky if I ever saw it again within a 3 month time span, long as she kept bout 6 months.
Hated it like a ***** but I am greatfull in the end, kept my grades stable and keep some real prioritys in line.

Hell man your a soon to be certified technician just hot wire his cabling to go off at at 9pm.
If it cuts back on magically, uninstall his psu and any storage device and lock it away for any given time.
Your wife will appreciate it down the road. :)

Well keep in mind what I said not saying gaming has to be a special treat to get, just limit how much button mashing he does.
Reason I say this if gaming becomes too much of a problem during his school years his grades will drop slowly.
Seen it happen been down that road once or twice, my mother took my consoles and slam the thing inside her trunk. :/

I was lucky if I ever saw it again within a 3 month time span, long as she kept bout 6 months.
Hated it like a ***** but I am greatfull in the end, kept my grades stable and keep some real prioritys in line.

Hell man your a soon to be certified technician just hot wire his cabling to go off at at 9pm.
If it cuts back on magically, uninstall his psu and any storage device and lock it away for any given time.
Your wife will appreciate it down the road. :)
I just figured I would Trucrypt his drive :p

Back
Top Bottom